X1 and voom - PLEASE help me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spudseq

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Hi
voom guy just left again and switched boxes for me
but I am still haveing the same problem.
hopefully one of you guys can help me.
I have voom hooked up Via component to DVI
when watching my X1 will go to an all blue screen and say "searching" then will switch to "computer" then will switch to "720p" then I can see the picture.
after a few minuets it will do it again and then again.
it is MUCH worse on channels which are NOT HD.
I never have this problem with E* or any other source.
but Voom is the only thing that I run thru the DVI.
soemtimes it will last an hour before it turns blue and searches etc. etc.
any Ideas at all ??
is my X1 set up wrong? or what?? I am at the end of my rope here....

Um... ok. First, the Voom DVI port has HDCP enabled. I'm not sure what you're using to convert DVI to Component (a transcoder of some kind?) but that's going to be a problem. You are far better off just using the component outs from the Voom box, since the X1 a) does not support HDCP, and b) has no DVI in.

-MP

hmmm
I am using compent out from voom, so I guess thats not DVI into my X1- is it computer in?

No. DVI is entirely seperate from component. Very different connection. The X1 does not have a DVI connector, it only has Component, SVideo, and RCA I believe. Have you tried changing the resolution on the Voom box using the red button?

yes its computer INTO my x1 - I bought one of those special cables that have the computer connector on one end and then the component ends on the other end .
nothing inbetween the voom box and my x1

yes I tried that (red button) it seems to work soemtimes but the it reverts back to switching

Can you post a link to the cable you're talking about? I just want to be clear how you're hooking it up.

I have the same setup with the component out of the Voom box going into the VGA in on the X1 via the Infocus adapter. I had to set the Voom box to 1080i or 720p to ensure that signal was maintained.

The X1 will not accept 480i through that port which is what may be causing problems. Using the red button on the front of the Voom box, set it so that only the top light is lit up which is the 1080i fixed output.

Hope that helps...

Flea -
so if I set it to 1080i - it will still allow the reg. channels to come thru??

Flea-
set it to top light and put it on channel 412 - it showed 1080i and showed the picture for about a min then went to the blue screen again.

Ok.. now I understand. First, that's a VGA cable and not a DVI cable :). I would definately try just leaving it at 1080 and see what happens. DO you have the latest code update for the Voom receiver?

Mad-
latest code? I dunno - they just switched out myt box today. would it have the latest update? or should I do something to make it happen?
should i do a reset? - I am soooo out of my league with all this stuff - and I really apprecate your guys trying to help me..

Alright... you probably don't have the latesat code, which could be part of your problem. If you can get the display up long enough, hit the Voom button and then hit the green button. Go into System Status and check your software version and whether it says anything in the Targeted Version field.

The InFocus X1 is not just for displaying PowerPoint presentations or meeting collaboration. Take it home on weekends and use it to enjoy wide screen format video. The X1 provides SVGA resolution, 1100 lumens, and a 2000:1 contrast ratio. State-of-the-art technology including Faroudja DCDi for smooth playback of cinema-quality video processing.

Native Resolution: SVGA (800 x 600)

From Infocus site,try 480P instead

Component to VESA Adapter for the InFocus X1 and ScreenPlay 4800. For use with HDTV and other 1080i signals.

Availability: Usually ships the same business day.

SP-VESA-ADPT$20.00

Looks like you might need this

It's possible it won't work with the component to vga cables... I only had my X1 a short time, and I used the component-VESA myself.

-MP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts