X1 and voom - PLEASE help me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You need the code update. You can try unplugging, letting it sit for a bit, then plugging it back in. You might have to call Voom and ask them to hit the box.

Input Sources: Computer (VGA 15-pin HDDSUB female); video (S-Video 6-pin mini DIN, component RCA through S-Video adapter, and composite video RCA); audio (3.5mm mini-jack)

spudseq said:
yes its computer INTO my x1 - I bought one of those special cables that have the computer connector on one end and then the component ends on the other end .
nothing inbetween the voom box and my x1

Okay,first that cable does not turn component into RGB(computer in).
Thats a 5 breakout cable(green,blue,red,black and white)RGB into 5,not RGB into 3.Your projector is not taking the signal.
What you need to do is component out the voom box into the adapter.

That breakout cable can most certainly function as a component to RGB... you just don't use the last 2.

I have used the component to vesa adapter from infocus to play from my progressive scan dvd player to my x1 also used from E* 6000u , but using the vga now with a pc. On the remote is the x1 set to computer input, make sure in the menu it is not on automatic.

madpoet said:
That breakout cable can most certainly function as a component to RGB... you just don't use the last 2.

It does not work the computer in is trying to sync to a RGB signal not a component one(no horizontal and vertical(black and white on a 5 breakout cable)
He has a component to a RGB cable,but he would need a trancoder to turn component to RGB(don't do it,too much $$$$)just get the adapter.Component to adapter will work fine,you just have the wrong cable.

You need to do several things:

1. Connect the Voom box's component output to the X1's RGB input by using component cables connected to an InFocus Component to VESA Adapter. This is a custom pinout cable, and as far as I know, no other cable or adapter will work correctly. I made one up myself from the pinout info I got from InFocus, so if you want it, I will be glad to post it for you.

2. Use 1080i, 720p, or 480p (in that order of preference) to feed the X1. 480i will not display at all through the RGB input.

3. Update your X1 firmware to version 4.3. There are known HD sync issues that were fixed in version 4.3, so any previous version may cause you problems, though version 4.2 is working for me. The sync issues happen in some X1's, and not all, and I do not know how to tell the "good" ones from the "bad" ones.

I think that the X1 software rev is most likely the cause of your problem, since you seem to have checked out everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts