x1 cable box

mrski57

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
i just got comcast's new x1 box it is already acting up.Ihave to pull the power plug to reboot to get it to work.The tech told me to keep it on all the time,It does not matter if it on or off.Bad box?Iwould like to hear from anyone with a x1 box. Thanks!

I have had the X1 for about 2 weeks without any tv problems. My issue is with my phone. Ever since installing the X1 system and a new modem (Cisco) my phone looses dial tone until you hit talk button then off, then talk again resets it. Called Comcast and they just sent a signal that rebooted my modem. But problem persists. But, I'm loving the X1 DVR and new on screen guide.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the X1. Worst piece of equipment I've ever had, and I beta tested for Dish for 5 years. DD 5.1 has not worked for like 3-4 months when watching DVR'd material on the remote box, shows don't record, box locks up, the list goes on.

S~

I gave the X1 a try about 2 months ago. I liked the system, my wife did not. When Comcast first put it in, I had trouble gettingNHL Center Ice games in HD. After going back and forth with Comcast, it was finally fixed. but then, other trouble popped up. Sometimes the channel you were on would freeze up and you couldn't change channels. I would pull the plug and reboot the affected box and sometimes that worked, sometimes not. One night, all the boxes were affected and it took a few hours before it all went back to normal. The issue with Center Ice was if you turned on the HD channel for a hockey game, a window would pop up saying HD wasn't available, then would send you to a totally different channel. My wife doesn't care about whether a channel is HD or SD, she just watches. She didn't like it when you would go to a channel, then a window would pop up saying it found the HD equivalent and it would send you to that HD channel version. So after about a month, I decided to switch back to the regular cable tv and that's fine. It all works better.

I have the X1 and love it! Had it for about 3 month now and had a couple glitches. Called and reported and had a work around for 1, but they seem to be fixed now! My only major complaint is the hard drop is still kinda small. I think they could have gone with a 2 or 3 terabyte HD. I know the X2 is coming so hopefully that'll fix that issue for me.

I'm debating staying with Dish or not . They are increasing prices but not adding anything new. I haven't gotten a chance to play around with X1 yet so not sure how good or bad it really is. Any advantages it has over hopper with sling ??