OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

carlosprm43, thank you very mucho and much.

Played/worked with the unit some more, was not paying much attention this morning, but noticed that the "Time and day was not what I set it to last night, is that a bug, or did I did a wrong procedure at setting the time, did it again a little while a go, this time it showed some crazy time and date from the 1970's. How long has this brand of box been made or in production, that was strange.

Well back to work with my other acquired new toy, the 1.2m commercial dish. Just finished rigging a LNBF holder, but that is another story. LOL!!!.

Thanks again for the help.

avenger.

avenger mine does that too, I've set the time and date before, but I think it picks up the time off the channels we scan in. As to why it can't keep the date correct, who knows?
I don't use mine for recording or needing timers so it doesn't bother me to see 1-1-70 lol.

The MicroHD receiver has that same problem. But, it's not really the receivers issue, it's that you probably have it set to UTC time, and to get it from the satellite. Except American FTA sat providers (with the exception of pizza dish ones) do NOT all properly set their time reference on their channels.

The cure is to (at least on the MicrohD, I assume it'll work here also) set the clock to LOCAL time, and adjust it to match your up to date computer time. Then, never turn it off or place it in "standby" mode. It'll then keep time on it's internal reference clock.

this isn't the usual gmt usage problem,the time/date get dramatically out of whack,like previously said
i.e. 1970 for the year.Setting gmt usage to off makes no difference.

This little box is GREAT! It does some things the Dreamboxes I used to use won't. I have been kinda busy lately and not had enough time for FTA, so I saw this huge thread...and had to check it out. I have only used it two days, but it gets the Stogie5150 Seal of Approval.

The sat list is a mess, even the new one, whoever programmed it needs to separate the c/ku sats with different orbital slots because you usually cannot have two satellites with the same orbital slot, they must be separated. Like this:

01 kuGalaxy 17 91.0
02 CGalaxy 17 91.1

I tried to edit the list but it wont save correctly, or I dont know what the hell I am doing, (bet on the latter) but other than that little niggle its a great little box for 50 bucks!

I killed it trying to load foreign firmware.
A bad edit on my part of the firmware and the receiver won't boot and the rs232 port is dead.
the flash chip is a MX25L6406E

the new firmware came out today.
Can't test it, since my receiver is dead.

To avoid confusion the new release isnt release yet. You could probably see the file going inside the FTP but isnt available via network or at the download section. Its expect it to be release in a day or so

If you are going to post unreleased (beta) firmware in the Firmware department, it would be wise to mark it clearly. :)
Though, maybe the poster should try it before posting, just to be careful.

Hopefully, beta posting isn't against the rules.
It would seem to be a useful function, and only explored by those capable of recovering, should there be a major fault.

Already officially released

What's New:

1- Fix the 64 Satellite Store position
2- Improve AC3 Audio
3- New and full Americas Satellites
4- Add more extension in Media player
5- Add 1080i 60Hz.

Already officially released

What's New:

1- Fix the 64 Satellite Store position
2- Improve AC3 Audio
3- New and full Americas Satellites
4- Add more extension in Media player
5- Add 1080i 60Hz.

Nice just downloaded and will try later today.. after the España vs Italia game on G19 CBAND

carlospr43,

If it officially released, where can it be found, and how to download it. This will be the first time for me to download a new software for this receiver, and want to make sure that everything goes smooth.

Looking forward to the new full Americas satellite list.

Thanks.

Unfortunally x2 ia doing a pre release in another forum in which is not allow to post links from here . Once it goes public on the net (x2 page) I'll upload it here. Meanwhile you can send me a PM and I'll e-mail you a copy

June 27 file working good so far.. testing the HH motor now for accuracy

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts