OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Tested June 27 and dont notice anything diff from April 9th other then the 64 satellite position addition.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

carlospr43,

If it officially released, where can it be found, and how to download it. This will be the first time for me to download a new software for this receiver, and want to make sure that everything goes smooth.

Looking forward to the new full Americas satellite list.

Thanks.

The file is officialy released at the x2 web page you can download from there. Here is a direct link

http://www.x2sat.com/x2-hd

Mr Wang is sending me a pre-programmed flash chip to replace my corrupt one.I already removed the old one with a hot air gun.

wow thats cool.. I thought those could not be removed that easily.

wow thats cool.. I thought those could not be removed that easily.

REMOVING is easy for nearly anybody, you could even clip every lead individually, and then unsolder one at a time if you had to depending on what sort of IC package it is. I've done 56 lead packages, using an over head microscope type headpiece and a micro soldering iron. The hard part is resoldering it without getting solder bridges and such. Since he already is this far along, I'm going to say he knows what he is doing. Anyway, what does he have to lose, the receiver is dead now.

the flash chip is only 8 pins and looks like the old eeproms, just slightly fatter.
I may try making my own programmer from old flat solid conductor ribbon cable stripped from old dvd players.
I think spipgm should do the trick,for future use.

Using the newest X2 firmware, just one day's experience. Some motor control USALS hangups, sometimes calling up a satellite seems to be ignored. If I go into the USALS screen and select the "GO" button, then the dish gets the command to move. Tonight the problem was moving from 91 to 97, last night I could not move dish off 125W until I rebooted. (hadn't thought of the GO function at that time so I didn't try it then). Still some minor glitching in the SPDIF output on dolby channels, brief cutouts for about 1second, some static, then sound returns. And I wish they would fix that ALL CHANNELS thing, so the receiver stays on the channel list of the sat it has just scanned.
None of these are show-stoppers but hopefully they get addressed in a future firmware tweak.

Using the newest X2 firmware, just one day's experience. Some motor control USALS hangups, sometimes calling up a satellite seems to be ignored. If I go into the USALS screen and select the "GO" button, then the dish gets the command to move. Tonight the problem was moving from 91 to 97, last night I could not move dish off 125W until I rebooted. (hadn't thought of the GO function at that time so I didn't try it then). Still some minor glitching in the SPDIF output on dolby channels, brief cutouts for about 1second, some static, then sound returns. And I wish they would fix that ALL CHANNELS thing, so the receiver stays on the channel list of the sat it has just scanned.
None of these are show-stoppers but hopefully they get addressed in a future firmware tweak.

After seeing all the issues on the OTHER site too I decided to stay with the may 20. Damn shame putting the new sat list with the old firmware is such a pain in the neck.

I have not had the issue with the optical audio, but I will keep an eye out for it.

Mr wang is sending me 2 pre programmed flash chip for my dead x2.
Another issue is for a fixed dish the default diseqc position is position 0,so if you have a motorized setup or combo fixed and motorized this is a nuisance.Every time you set up a different sat for diseqc control the motor goes to position 0 first then the position you are trying to set up.I told him the default for a fixed dish should be no diseqc commands out of the receiver,so the motor should behave when you are setting up a motorized system for diseqc control.

I noticed that too and it does it in win2k also.
Whatever they used to make it( microsoft visual studio?) may have those dlls and the installer may just assume everybody has them

tried to scan in a live event with it Saturday it would not find it with a blind scan 3 times. added the info still would not scan in 6 times. just gave up. even on a tp scan it is toooo fast...please slow this down too.
thank you

There's a new firmware (X2 Premium July-19/13) as of today posted over at Legitfta. You'll have to go there to download it. If you do and then load it, please post any comments you have on it.

Here's the notes for it:

Solved:
1- AAC Audio
2- Motor auto drive and now all the motor bugs is totally solved
3- Time we add built in Internet Upgrade time and also solve the time issue
4- Fix the satellite setting and add the TP and the LNB Setting
5- TV Resolution we add full range "720P 50Hz, 720P 60 Hz, 1080i 50Hz, 1080i 60Hz, 1080P 50Hz,1080P 60 Hz"
6- Fix the FLV,also some other extension which was have problem in the media player.

New:
1- We add IPTV and we add some channels (This function we still work on it and we will add more in next software)
2- We add Ping Test in WiFi to check the real connection
3- We add Picasa application
4- We add RSS News.

Out team is continue work to improve this item , We hope to receiver you feedback soon

X Square Technology / Legitfta-Team

Just loaded it and testing it now.

Always just like any fta unit

Missing channels

Anybody have a problem with missing channels? The cbs news feeds on G16 won't show up. My older Mercury 2 used to get them no problem. I have tried all the scans. Nothing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)