OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

the x2 did get a wildfeed on 95w last weekend that the openbox s10 wouldn't show(just a black screen) and wouldn't record.
I was able to record the last 5 minutes with the x2 and analyze with tsreader.
Code:
Elementary Stream PID 300 (0x012c) MPEG-2 Video
MPEG Video: Bitrate 10.438 Mbps Resolution 1920 x 1080i
MPEG Video: Framerate 29.97 fps Aspect Ratio 16:9 Chroma Format 4:2:0

I may be banned or kick out but I need to say something, We keep loosing our main goal at the forum to share ideas , encourage others to review different brands, learn from different reviews etc etc. Why being so hard on a new brand or a new choices?? Lets hear what people who purchased one has to say it doesnt matter which brand, lets compare with others but please stop hammering others with differents because its not what you may have. At the very end when you open yours you will find in small letters somewhere "MADE IN CHINA". Everybody come heres because of Great members, Great info, Great participation, Friendly, Great reviews, Variety of topics, Quick response on topics w/ friendly responses. ;);)

Nobody is going to ban you here for your opinion. ;)

Made in China means Made in China! Yes another Chinesse factory using same quality measures, same quality components etc, etc. Any time I put my hand on any and I mean any STB will be looking forward to gain any that it can give me as an end user. I'm not a US distributor and dont plant to be. Selling a Mercedes or a Yugo even if they leak oil its a customer preference and nobody can go over that. Even if I owned a Mercedes it doesnt give me the right to look down to colleague friend on my side driving a Yugo. This is just a plain friendly satellite forum and not a market competition to see who is who, who is better and who meet the rules or not. As I mentioned I'm not a distributor so those rules doesnt apply to me and should be discuss in another forum or level.;)

In a ME ME ME oriented society, you have a valid argument that whatever benefits the end user is best.
BUT... When licenses are not paid for intellectual properties, what pays for development?
You enjoy the Dolby decoding? OK, pay for it!
Love the HDMI port? OK, Pay for it!
Want the DVR feature via USB? OK, Pay for it!

I disagree with your assertion that anyone is looking down on anyone else for buying this product. Just warning: Any potential buyer needs to be aware that as it stands, the X2 is a good candidate for a fixed dish system. The manufacturer/OEM does not honor intellectual properties, has not fixed the issues that would benefit the hobbyist and instead have announced a new model. Enough said...

Don't beat me up, but I have been using the X2 for a few weeks and I like the box. I do have GeoSatpro, S9, S10, and this does the fastest scans I have ever seen so far. I use it with my 10FT unimesh and vbox, with dmx741u. I do agree that licensing makes for a unfair playing field as Sat.AV stated, but one thing to look at with this unit is the software/hardware that is used int it. It is much easier to go from sat set up to scan with fewer menu changes. Some good thought went into the software that runs this unit. I have been scanning from 55w to 139 C side now working my way though the Ku side. Again I have to say I LOVE the fast scan.

Now you all can yell at me
:).

Re: Now you all can yell at me:).

Be ready for!!

Re: The manufacturer/OEM does not honor intellectual properties, has not fixed the issues that would benefit the hobbyist and instead have announced a new model. Enough said...

They have issue 2 firmware releases in a month or so, its almost imposible to correct ALL the bugs in less than that time, have you??? They havent announced oficially nothing. I only pass an e-mail conversation I have with Mr Wang that I regret I did. Nowhere on their site this is mentioned

Kudos... They fixed Youtube, the card reader and some IKS stuff.

207 posts in this thread and I don't see much negative stuff other than what works, what doesn't and some compliance issues. Seems like the reviews and reports have been pretty accurate!

I also have had emails with Mr. Wang and he did want me to say good things about the unit on this forum. Like always, the forum members will get my honest opinions and unrelenting candor. Sorry if it offended you!

Brian, Thank you, you havent offended me. I hope you too accept my apologies if I'm not using the right approach. I do like the tone used now despicable or others before in this thread. This is what really make this hobby interesting!!:up

Another firmware release 11/21/2012, the 3rd in less than 2 months,.....at least they're trying hard!!

Last Software21.11.2012

What New:

1- Improve LNB Manual Input Frequency
2- Improve DiSEq Swith with Motor Function
3- Revised USALS problem​

Hey Turbo
I being using this STB for a couple of weeks now. So far it does picked many TPs that my S9 and S10 missed. The upgrade by network is pretty easy and smooth. You only make a backup of your Database (Ports/TPs/Sats/Channel) directly inside the box. Then, upgrade the firmware by Network. The box will do all by herself automatically. Then restore back your database and thats it. It also picked extremelly low SRs as 1480 and 1110 on Satmex 5 and NSS806. I have read there are some issues when using switches and motor at the same time. I don't run any motor , all my dishes are fixed so I havent found any problem at all. Can you give me more info as to what TP are you looking for???

Carlos,
Those low SR's scan in, or manual input? i thought it wasn't supposed to do under 4000.
How are the Bandstacked Lnb selections? Are you using any bandstacked, does it work good with them?
thanks

Carlos the sports feeds was what I meant, most of those use the same SR, some receivers choke on 'em. Unless they're mpeg4 hd, its the mpeg2 hd with that SR that is the problem sometimes.

Well those low SRs scanned in without manual entry. The STB found them. I think they added a new function to add stacked LNBs. Choice #1 of the update:
1- Improve LNB Manual Input Frequency
I dont use any but I think rrob does. He may jump and lets us know if they work OK

Kodaz I have a bandstacked cband lnb and the 5150-5750 setting works with them fine. However the blind scan was backwards for mine. It will give you 3240 instead of 3840 or 4440 instead of 3840. If you manually enter the transponders it works perfect. It acts the same way my coolsat 6000 does with that setting. I have yet to try the manual entry bandstacked setting but I tried manually entering the 11250 frequency and the blind scan was accurate using that setting.

FYI... No changes to the USALS or switch control operation issues with new firmware. Have not observed any improvements over the original firmware release reviews.

Would you mind posting the update notes with your notices of new firmware releases?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)