OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

I try the process but couldnt access, will better wait for the regular web site post. I did the update via network. All i see is HYNDAE-HD Ultra, cant tell any differences or changes, everything looks asprevious version. Will need to wait for the regular site official release notes

Last edited:
you can't get in with a regular web browser.
You have to use an ftp program.
Firmware usually appears on the ftp site about 1 week before the website with description.

ftp just shows the latest file and the previous release.
In the good old days they would have 3 old versions of firmware plus the latest.
Never any release notes

You guys are nuts to install unknown firmware, just because it's posted on their ftp site.

Even good firmwares can brick a device, and loading ones with no notes, and not even knowing if they are beta or release candidates is suicide.

Problem is that is was posted in their official web page (without any notice- you can only see the previous official release on the page but the new beta was posted in line) so the box did the update automatically if you did a network update. It was posted by mistake so I rolled back my unit to the previous official release. The non official was now removed.

I went through this on my Azbox elite, where new firmware would be posted but it wasn't for official release.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This is why I don't have my stuff(including computers) set for auto-update. I want to update when I'm ready.

You guys are nuts to install unknown firmware, just because it's posted on their ftp site.

Even good firmwares can brick a device, and loading ones with no notes, and not even knowing if they are beta or release candidates is suicide.
I never load the full firmware, I have the migs to strip off just the app1 and load that.
I have killed the receiver by an app1 edit but was able to bring it back from the dead since I didn't mess with the bootloader.
The default rs232 setting is twin instead of debug,which is very dangerous tho.

ftp file 1167x2s sys info date dec 24 all hack stuff removed, x2 logo
1169starcom shows starcom logo on boot,dec 25 date hack stuff back in
1181hyndaz shows hyndae logo on boot,dec 25 date
loaded all fully via usb then removed without incident

It loads as dec 24 2012 , everything looks the same , its a north america version so you know what was disabled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)