OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Still one hell of a deal now that most of the bugs are fixed. It would be nice if they could fix the low SR 16apsk reception.

rrob311,
Which bug fixes are you referencing?

Hadn't hooked up the receiver since November. Today I loaded the current firmware and am experiencing the same motor/switch issues as mentioned in post #199.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...-PVR-Satellite-Receiver?p=3028535#post3028535

Also, N2 (and other) IKS patch codes are defined in the current factory firmware update. Thought that I read that this had been disabled in the new North American files? Are the new X2s shipping this way from Amazon?

Pro96,
Your link isn't for the X2 HD STB. It is for a different X2 SD receiver.

I bounce back and forth between my openbox s10 and x2.I had loaded the latest firmware from their website and the x2 moved the motor to the last position the x2 had when hooked up,even tho that sat wasn't even in the sat list yet.
It was still the generic sat list that comes with the firmware.

I bounce back and forth between my openbox s10 and x2.I had loaded the latest firmware from their website and the x2 moved the motor to the last position the x2 had when hooked up,even tho that sat wasn't even in the sat list yet. It was still the generic sat list that comes with the firmware.

I have observed using sample receivers that motors sometimes move to zero position if new firmware loaded or a factory reset is performed.

Do you perform a factory reset before loading latest firmware? Wonder if a motor command was still hanging around in a unwritten block?

Do you think that it moved because of a preinstalled DiSEqC 1.2 command? Use USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 for motor control?

the x2 was previously aimed at 95w,diseqc 1.2 control.
the s10/dish had been on 83w diseqc 1.2 control.
I didn't do a factory reset after loading the new firmware,so maybe there were x2 settings leftover from the previous firmware?
If I select and set up a sat,then deselect it,the settings revert back to the default when I select the sat again.It seems whenever I play with the x2 and the motor it takes me a long time to get it working with the s10 again.

Be interesting to see if the motor command is issued if a factory reset is performed before loading new firmware.

This might be an important clue for them to solve the motor and switch control issues.

I don't have any sat/channel list so it's a nuisance doing a factory reset all the time.
I have to start from scratch every time.That is why I mentioned having a good working channel editor would be a delight.

I could never save/load a default database,and they say a shared database list may not be compatible from one firmware version to another.
Another irritant is they changed the header on the firmware files from novatek to customer987,so you can't load/revert back to old saved firmware.

rrob311,
Which bug fixes are you referencing?

Hadn't hooked up the receiver since November. Today I loaded the current firmware and am experiencing the same motor/switch issues as mentioned in post #199.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...-PVR-Satellite-Receiver?p=3028535#post3028535

Also, N2 (and other) IKS patch codes are defined in the current factory firmware update. Thought that I read that this had been disabled in the new North American files? Are the new X2s shipping this way from Amazon?

Pro96,
Your link isn't for the X2 HD STB. It is for a different X2 SD receiver.

The USALS and switching works fine for me and I am using the 10/25 firmware I think, so to answer your question Brian the USALS and diseqc switching issues were addressed to my satisfaction. There was a bug that wouldn't let you store the usals setting but I found a workaround that allows you to save the setting.(pressing go to 0 I think) I haven't bothered with the newer firmware releases because that one works well. IDK what patch means but I am unable to get certain low SR transponders to lock and it won't play the 1035sr 16apsk signals on 95w. Furthermore the bandstacked LNB setting still won't blind scan correctly.

Furthermore the bandstacked LNB setting still won't blind scan correctly.

magic words- thank you for including that very important info.

Game ON!!!

Would some US SatellliteGuys members join with me in reporting this listing to Ebay? I just submitted 3 reports and would appreciate your assistance.
1. Trademark Infringement (false representation on FCC compliance, no Dolby, HDMI or USB license)
2. Illegal Satellite Descrambler Device

The listing has some nerve! It is actually linking to our Satellite AV website graphics to lie about the licenses and certifications that they do not have. Yes, I am very irritated! Total BS!

http://www.satelliteav.com/portal/33/images/microHD_cert_Lic_logos-1.jpg

microHD_cert_Lic_logos-1.jpg

new x2 firmware on the ftp site dated 1-30-2013
receivers should be able to upgrade via network if you can't get it via ftp.
I didn't try it yet.

new x2 firmware on the ftp site dated 1-30-2013
receivers should be able to upgrade via network if you can't get it via ftp.
I didn't try it yet.

Cool will try later

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I think it was just old firmware with a new ftp date.
I let the receiver upgrade but it was just the jan 4 firmware.
The firmware I loaded manually has a date of dec 26 2012

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)