OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

I don't know if I'm doing this correctly or not, but I have a question I can't find the answer to. I have a new Premium HD X2 Receiver, I just got and just have a problem with. My problem is when I plug it up my television screen starts to roll, you know like the horizontal adjustment is off. Would there be anyone on here who could tell me how to fix it, or will have to return it ?

I don't know if I'm doing this correctly or not, but I have a question I can't find the answer to. I have a new Premium HD X2 Receiver, I just got and just have a problem with. My problem is when I plug it up my television screen starts to roll, you know like the horizontal adjustment is off. Would there be anyone on here who could tell me how to fix it, or will have to return it ?
use format button
it's in pal mode

Initially loading firmware mine does that until the hdmi connected tv is turned on,then the analog tv shows correctly.
The tv is set to ntsc in the menu to begin with.

what to do if you have no hdmi tv ?
just thought the format button would work. but found that not to be true today.
thanks

you have to blindly finger the remote,which I have done many times.
odd that the receiver is set up for ntsc but the analog out is pal until you turn on the hdmi

audio troubles
it will not let audio pass thru in LL or RR mode on channels thru the hdmi.... need to fix this
audio goes well thru the red/white audio wire but nothing out of hdmi.
hdmi will work only in LR mode

audio troubles
it will not let audio pass thru in LL or RR mode on channels thru the hdmi.... need to fix this

I've never had the need to use LL or RR always on LR

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hey madmadwork.. its back at 56

Tomorrow might do 113w CBAND TEST see how it does compared to... :eek:

after a week of testing here are some notes i took along the way

audio troubles

cband testing
scanning trouble
55w FTV 3779h took 6 times to find it. 2 more scans it found it fine,did not delete tp or ch
only did about a hour with cband

no choice of scanning H or V must do both
after blind scan it kicks out to all sats channel list if new channel(s) found

would not work well with my 8x1 switches
picky about 4x1 too
about gave up and put my $40 Spaun 411 4x1 on it ....liked it (LOL) then found a Pansat 4x1 it liked
this test was 4x1 with 4 fixed dishes this was the best set-up for blind scanning as you'll read below.
it missed less tp's in this set-ups but was still erratic did not take notes it was done outdoors. if i keep this box this will be what i use it for just to find a Event and watch the event on another bo:mad:az or pansat).

this set-up was hooked up to a S9 and working well before testing the X2
Fortec 36"90 cm hooked it up to a 4x1 to a 6+ year old Stab 100 motor with usals
drove motor fine till it got to 121 (going 58-125)
then it did not want to go to 121.123,125 but to go to the sat had to go into the antenna set up and hit the.... Go tab. it would go to that sat the channels were scanned in played channels upon exiting.
after a few time thru the arc 125 started working in usals for 121.123 used 1.2 and got them working ok.
on 83 ku had to put in the RTV tp and it still took 6 times to scan in.
103 ku missed the Huntington Beach mux 11940 v 3 times yet got cozi every time.
125 ku the H channels it misses 2 most of the time
fast blind scan
too fast it is in too big of a hurry that it misses some tp's

advice for improvement
slow the blind scan down
now it is < 3min
if it was 5 min think it would not miss like it does now.

if you just want the 24/7 offerings this box would be ok,
but if you want to find live wild feeds not so much imo
worse S2 blind scan box i've owned as far as blind scanning goes
have not decided if it's a keeper or not got another 2 weeks to test it.
but if it was a higher priced item might return it now.

madworld, which firmware is in the box you are using, that would be helpful. Generally I got about the same results as you, mine had firmware dated April23, I believe. I backed it up, and loaded the file on the website, May20 dated. I noticed the scanning slowed down a bit with that firmware, but the sound problem was still there for me. I was using the spdif jack to run my home theater amp for sound, but it would cut off the sound after about 30min. Going to hook it back up tonight and see if that setting for LL or whatever makes any difference on the audio problem, think I already had tried it but didn't note it anyplace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)