X4 channel selection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Has anyone else noticed that channel 210 (NickJr) is skipped when changing channels but can be selected with the IPG?

Mine will select 210 from 209 or 211 sounds like you have a corrupted map table.

I get this on mine too... Sort off ... I just thought It was my FW.... EA vs EC

What I get on analogs It will channel from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7 ect...skipping even tp's maybe ??? If I manually enter 2, 4, 6, then it will proced to skip odds.... Makes it hard to search for ITC FP stuff!!!! It will do this on digitals too.. Notice It most on 900 dmx stuff, skips entire blocks of channels...

If any body has Any Idea's I'm all ears....

I get this on mine too... Sort off ... I just thought It was my FW.... EA vs EC

What I get on analogs It will channel from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7 ect...skipping even tp's maybe ??? If I manually enter 2, 4, 6, then it will proced to skip odds.... Makes it hard to search for ITC FP stuff!!!! It will do this on digitals too.. Notice It most on 900 dmx stuff, skips entire blocks of channels...

If any body has Any Idea's I'm all ears....

There's a setting in the menu for that. It was designed for "channel surfers" so those stupid old polarotors wouldn't burn up too fast from changing "V/H/V/H...." it made it do all the odds first and then evens as you channeled up. Now it's been a long time, but I think there is a setting in the menu somewhere to change that.

There is a setting someplace I've seen it. In all the years I've been in satellite I never used that setting on any of my IRD's. I am still running the same polorotor I put on my bud with the ADL feed in 89, kinda tosses that burned up polorotor myth to sleep. Watch my polorotor quit now that I said that. I have 3 new backup motors here if it does ever die on my dish.

Two things burned up motors, setting the polor axis wrong so it sits at the stop in one direction. And some old receivers cause servos to hunt after they found the right polarity and kept the 5 volts on. Back in the day you put a cap across two terminals to prevent this.

thanks for the intel.... I'll have a look a at the "change dish settings menu" first...

I'm running a lnbf so than it really doesnt matter!! LOL

When I first got it ($50 @ radio shack last fall) I couldn't get it to change to 13 volts , always read 20 to lnbf.. which meant no vertical..
That magically fixed itself after I wiggled plugs around on the power supply PCB....

I can live with it either way..... I'm going to post some pics of the menus too just to see if there are differences in my 922 w/ a4 firmware than your guys w/EC

gardo403 said:
thanks for the intel.... I'll have a look a at the "change dish settings menu" first...

I'm running a lnbf so than it really doesnt matter!! LOL

I run LNBFs on both my c band dishes. Haven't had any trouble picking up all the signals the polarotor feeds do. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

If you look in the first picture and at the bottom of the screen that was where the problem lied... alt channel tuning is the one that is easy on servo motors!

I don't remember doing that???? OPPPS!!!

Attachments

• DSC02152.JPG
    DSC02152.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 201
  • DSC02151.JPG
    DSC02151.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
  • DSC02149.JPG
    DSC02149.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
gardo403 said:
If you look in the first picture and at the bottom of the screen that was where the problem lied... alt channel tuning is the one that is easy on servo motors!

I don't remember doing that???? OPPPS!!!

I knew that was in there somewhere! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)