Xbox 360 hd dvd add-on good or bad?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xbox 360 hd dvd addon good bad other?

• good

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • bad

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • havent gotten yet

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • ps3 blu-ray only please

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • neither for me

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
Some models allow 1080p through component, others do not, it depends on the manufacturer.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=675595

Google pointed me to this post on AVS when I put in "1080p over component?"

Regardless the HD-DVD add on will not output 1080p over component. The console does but when you go to play a movie it switches over to 1080i. The add on will only output 1080p over VGA (and hopefully someday HDMI).

The limitation is not on the XBox side. The display setup menu shows 1080p as an option now.

The majority of TVs however will not accept the 1080p signal over a component connection, although a few do based on that post....

edit.... sorry .. I reread your post.... The HD DVD standard as required by the studios prohibits a 1080p over HD DVD/Blu Ray, but the console itself CAN pass a 1080p signal, but you are correct about the 1080i downrez over component, I believe. Hopefully, MS is working to eliminate this disadvantage as soon as possible...

Question for all of those that have purchased the HDDVD add-on for the 360. Do any of you also have a stand-alone HD DVR???

I was wondering if you could connect the output of the 360 to the DVR and record the movie?....

The E* 622 I have can only receive HD content via the satellite dish or an OTA antenna. You can view standard def content via line inputs, although I don't think you can record it.

Any time you can buy into a new technology for 2 c notes that is a very good deal. I hope the rumors of M$ bringing out a Xbox360 with an internal HD-DVD drive and HDMI is true. That is what I am waiting for!

Engadget says CodeName Zephyr is already in the works. I'm kinda salty because I just got my Xbox. 120G hard drive too.

:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts