Xbox360 HD-DVD drive $500?

It makes sense coming from a PS3 site

Here is one that claims $200

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=4321

And I think they can do it for $200 because all they need is the drive they dont need all the processors and decoders and everything else like toshiba does in their units as its been reported that the 360 will handle all that.

Because for $200 its just the drive, not all the electronics needed to display it on your TV which is already built in the 360. Why pay for those electronics twice, a $250 price tag however would not surprise me. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Because for $200 its just the drive, not all the electronics needed to display it on your TV which is already built in the 360. Why pay for those electronics twice, a $250 price tag however would not surprise me. :)

At $250 I'm not buying it at $200 I'm holding off for a bit. If it comes in at $150 then I'll get it.

minorthr said:
At $250 I'm not buying it at $200 I'm holding off for a bit. If it comes in at $150 then I'll get it.

I agree, though anything less than $251 and i'll get it 'eventually'. $150 and it's a almost immediate pickup.

The $500 figure is a laugh coming from a PS3 site, I just don't see that figure as very rational.

Hey, I just posted it. If the drive comes with a HDMI connector or 5.1 analog ports for the hi def sound codecs then it is going to be hard to come in under $250. Since Microsoft is already showing it why wont't they put a price on it?

JoeSp said:
Hey, I just posted it. If the drive comes with a HDMI connector or 5.1 analog ports for the hi def sound codecs then it is going to be hard to come in under $250. Since Microsoft is already showing it why wont't they put a price on it?
Joe, what is number of pro-blue ray posts you are required, by contract with Sony, to make? Just curious. :p

Hey, you mean I can get paid for these posts?:D

Not true, I have posted stuff about the Xbox360 that is not negative but posistive, and I have also posted stuff about HD-DVD that is positive. I post about the PS3 because with so much negative information popping up(only stuff I have ever seen you post a site about) it is good to see that there are positive things about the PS3 out there.

And I admit to prefering PS3 titles over XBOX360 titles. In addition, if after Sony brings out their BluRay player and it is not significantly differant than Samsung's (which I still believe to be faulty) then I probably will end up with a HD-DVD drive as soon as one comes out with HDMI 1.3. And I have said that before, and I have also posted critical site info about Sony and the PS3.

So Tk2, where do your alliances fall -- oh yeah with M$ and Toshiba. You seem to post only negative things about the PS3 and you enjoy bad news about the PS3. So how are we differant?

One way we are differant is you do the BS-- I post sites with information. I do not see you posting many sites. You just jump in and start with your negative BS -- with no back-up from any site--just negative BS. Most sites I have posted on we call that trolling.
Gee, maybe your my personal troll -- how nice!:D

Joe,

would you please stop bringing up your utterly clueless topics, especially pathetical false fearmongering tiotled ones like this?

Your tactics is *really* obvious, let alone idiotic...

T2k , what about 'unconfimed --for reading and discussion' do you not get? What are you a M$ Nazi? You can post drivel about Sony products but I can not post anything about M$ products without your trolling?

There is nothing clueless about discussing the price of M$ HD-DVD drive and since I started this out with a Unconfimed it is not misleading. You probably didn't notice the ? mark at the end of the lead for this post either.

Gee, I bet if I posted a book of the Bible you would find a way to flame the post.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)