Xfinity and Peacock?

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
A while back I received notice that Peacock was no longer going to be free along with my Xfinity internet. Then about 10 days ago I got an email saying it was free again and gave instructions to activate it again. However each time I log into Peacock the system kicks me into the payment screen.

Is this a phising scam or is the system broken?

Most likely a scam. I did sign up for the $2.99 12 month deal they are offering. Haven't seen anything else related. They did just announce a price increase, not sure how that affects the 12 month deal.

I am a TV subscriber so I suppose it is possible internet only customers are being treated differently.

It is not a scam. they are offering free Peacock to Xfinity rewards customers and Gigabit Internet customers. I received that email too and it did not work

I had the exact same issue. Here's what I did to finally get it to work.
1) log in to Xfinity and go to the Rewards page.
2) Find the Peacock offer "tile" and click it. It will say to wait 10 minutes or so
3) wait 20 min because Xfinity is slow
4) Close browser. Reopen. (or open a private window) Go back to Xfinity and click chat.
5) Log in to chat and then you should see a banner that will say "activate now" for peacock
6) Log in to that using either a new login or your pre-existing one
7) DONE

I had various issues along the way that made these steps the best for me. the banner wouldn't show in chat, primarily and then when I finally found and accepted the offer tile, I ultimately had to use a private window to get around some weird sign-in issues that wouldn't prompt the banner to appear.

I asked their support team for help prior to all this and they were - predictably - absolutely useless and had no understanding of what the issue was. They kept telling me to just sign up at Peacock's website and accept the $5.99 offer or sending me support links on how to download the Peacock app.

It is not a scam. they are offering free Peacock to Xfinity rewards customers and Gigabit Internet customers. I received that email too and it did not work

I had the exact same issue. Here's what I did to finally get it to work.
1) log in to Xfinity and go to the Rewards page.
2) Find the Peacock offer "tile" and click it. It will say to wait 10 minutes or so
3) wait 20 min because Xfinity is slow
4) Close browser. Reopen. (or open a private window) Go back to Xfinity and click chat.
5) Log in to chat and then you should see a banner that will say "activate now" for peacock
6) Log in to that using either a new login or your pre-existing one
7) DONE

I had various issues along the way that made these steps the best for me. the banner wouldn't show in chat, primarily and then when I finally found and accepted the offer tile, I ultimately had to use a private window to get around some weird sign-in issues that wouldn't prompt the banner to appear.

I asked their support team for help prior to all this and they were - predictably - absolutely useless and had no understanding of what the issue was. They kept telling me to just sign up at Peacock's website and accept the $5.99 offer or sending me support links on how to download the Peacock app.
I just started at step 5 (for about the 10th time ON jULY 27) because the "activate' banner is there. No change. Peacock gives me the free sampler and says I don't have a subscription when I go to the account tab.

I had trouble making it work months ago when they first gave it away, sadly I don't remember what I did.

"
I asked their support team for help prior to all this and they were - predictably - absolutely useless and had no understanding of what the issue was...

I wonder if you were attempting to communicate with AI? ARTIFICIAL UNINTELLIGENCE?

I have gigabit and never lost access to Peacock. It was supposed to end, and then I got an email that said it would remain free for Gig subscribers for 2 years. I didn't have to do anything. I still see the offer in Rewards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)