xm broke?

XM is STILL down here for me. I found an old XM PCR and got my old XM Boombox out of the closet, both scanning for any peep of a signal. (I am in Connecticut)

Orbitcast.com now has the following comment from an XM Spokesperson.

"We are experiencing a temporary degraded performance issue, which has affected some of our customers. We expect to return to normal service levels this evening."

I invite you to bookmark orbitcast.com for the best in Satellite Radio News and info. :)

This was in a email i get from 'insideradio.com"

"One of XM's two satellites is on the fritz.
Listeners say they first lost reception late this morning. XM was apparently updating software one of its satellites - but things didn't go as planned and the signal went down. "

So it looks like they tried an update on one of their bird's and lost link.

Could be a stabilizer or miss fired thruster or something that pointed the satellite the wrong way. Especially if they think it could be restored tonight, probably doing a lot of diagnostics on the satellite to work around the issue and making sure it does not happen again before returning it to service.

Correction: I decided to drive around instead of just testing in my parking space. Using the 2>0>7>XM hack, I can see that I'm getting ZERO signal from one satellite, even in an open sky. After driving around my apartment complex, the signal faded in and out SEVERELY. I was unable to hold a constant signal for more than five seconds while driving at 5-10 mph, and channel changing took 4-5 seconds (result of only seeing one satellite)

My XM keeps cutting in and out, but in open areas seems fine. BTW, what is that hack, and can you do it in a car?

I live in the SF Bay area and not only my xm is acting up all so my cell phone and my dish network is acting up. I herd sometimes this is called a solar storm caused by the sun. But I have no frigging idea. Hope it stops soon.

From the XMradio.com site: 5/21 Service Degradation

You may be experiencing temporary degraded performance with your XM reception at the present time. XM is aware of the issue and working diligently to resolve it as soon as possible. We anticipate full signal strength will be restored by early Tuesday morning.

Last edited:
I would hate to be in their shoes right now.

From the XM.com site: 5/21 Service Degradation

You may be experiencing temporary degraded performance with your XM reception at the present time. XM is aware of the issue and working diligently to resolve it as soon as possible. We anticipate full signal strength will be restored by early Tuesday morning.

xmradio.com

not sure if xm.com is safe and / or affiliated?

I was driving home and was beginning to think it was my antenna finally going bad. I experienced dropouts every time I was not driving under unobstructed sky. I had satellite signal but no repeater. At home where I rely on repeater signal, I have no signal at all.
This is the first time I've noticed a repeater outage since I've had XM. This kind of outage used to happen a lot with SIRIUS repeaters, but not lately.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18799252/

NEW YORK - A software glitch cut service to an unspecified number of XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.’s customers on Monday, the company said.

“Some customers are not receiving a signal,” said Chance Patterson, XM’s vice president of corporate affairs.

“We don’t know the exact number, but some.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts