XM has started

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At 6am Eastern, all of the Music Choice channels vanished from the guide, then the XM channels began appearing in blocks for the next 5 or so minutes. Initially, all the song tags had the names of other channels (i.e. 50s on 5 came up as the title, artist, and CD on another channel). Then the correct song titles began filling in, but some channels are still showing song titles from other channels. To start the rumor mill a bit, one of the channels (I believe Home Plate) had XM Comedy tag info for a second, so DirecTV more than likely has the ability to receive this channel, should they decide to add it in the future.

The audio quality is definitely better than what we get on the sats, with some minor glitches right now (huge volume differences between some channels - possibly because full stereo isn't coming through yet, and I barely notice any surround sound). We're definitely getting close-to-live from XM, as the DirecTV feed is a full 10 seconds ahead of the XM, and if you add the DirecTV normal 3 second delay, you have the 13 seconds from XM studio to uplink to downlink that you usually experience. Song title updates seem to be faster than Music Choice was (typically you'd be looking at the title for the previous song for about 15 seconds before the screen blanked and showed the new title, as opposed to pretty much instantaneous now) if you don't count a glitch where DirecTV doesn't seem to be receiving the titles for all songs, even though they are showing on the XM display with no problems.

TiVO recording capability is still off. :(

More updates later, after I listen to some O&A on DirecTV! :p

Now the search for the channels I liked before starts again....not having XM previously I really dont know much about their offerings but woudl assume they have comparable (if not better) channels. Just hope I can get channels like the old MC 815, 818 and 819 like channels again.

Thunder7 said:
Now the search for the channels I liked before starts again....not having XM previously I really dont know much about their offerings but woudl assume they have comparable (if not better) channels. Just hope I can get channels like the old MC 815, 818 and 819 like channels again.
Same here. 819 was all I listened to. Seems 829 and 833 comes closest.---Ray

I did some checking this morning and going by the Xm Christmas line up i was able to pin point the directv xm channel for christmas music

Holiday Traditions - XM 104 replace Torch xm 31 >>Directv don`t list this Torch ch.
A Nashville Christmas - XM 105 replace Luna xm ch on Directv ch 873 Latin channels
A Classical Christmas - XM 106 replace xm Pop 113 on Directv ch 866
Special X-Mas - XM 107 replace the system xm 82 on Directv ch 860
Holly - XM 103 unknown directv xm channel

xm christmas line up at http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=111123

xm Christmas music Starts Thanksgiving Day.

we're loosing xm82 the system for an entire month at the expense of 5 friggin xmas channels... what a load of crap. if it was free music on D*, i wouldn't mind... but i pay for 4 XM subscriptions.

The Heart, The System, XM Pops & Luna will all be replaced with Christmas music starting 11/24.

I'd love to have some of the other talk channels -- XM Public Radio (Bob Edwards!), C-
Span Radio, BBC World Service, Sonic Theater, Radio Classics, XM Live, XM Comedy, and maybe the other news & sports channels would be nice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)