XM on DirecTV - Changes & Some new (non-xm) music

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cinemagic is GONE until next year. :(

This is from XM's website...

Cinemagic - Sirius XM's channel that lets you Escape into the Movies - is currently on hiatus. Please join us again on January 2nd for more memorable moments from the Movies!

Damn it. :(

BTW anyone notice the new DMX channels on DirecTV? ;)

Oh YEA, just saw it now - I'm NOT getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about these changes... :( :eek:

Except - if they were going to ADD some/all DMX services, while still keeping some/all of the new "Sirius XM" channels, maybe it might not be bad. But when the cable system here had DMX, I wasn't really impressed with it - it seemed like they ALWAYS played the FM (short) versions of songs, instead of album cuts.

I am REALLY pi$$ed that by removing Chrome, there is NO disco channel on at all anymore. (unless you count whatever gets played on the 70's channel - big whoop!)

As of 8:40AM EST, Wed 11/12/08, I still have The System on 860 on my XM. At least it says it is the system and is playing music. I'll listen to a few songs and perhaps a station ID to see if it is really it. I see it says "The Virus has Ended. New station coming" where The Virus once was.

Maybe The System will stay on DirecTV. The email from XM this AM announcing all this formally, says that The System is still available online. Maybe enough complainers can get it put back on the regular radio.

838/Lucy...now Lithium

Whoo! I was getting tired of all the censoring that XM does, really messes up 90s alternative ;) I noticed that the Sirius tuner in my car was updating this morning but I only noticed one XM channel when I flipped through, I don't really want any of em anyway :)

No Shade 45 or E Street Radio or Faction or even BBC Radio 1. DirecTV is making me pay extra for the best of Sirius, too, I think.

How are U-Pop and The System (thank God) still on when XM dumped them?

Wow, TheRhyme and Beyond Jazz were two of my favorite stations! So you can't even get this on XM/Sirius now? So are they now just using Sirius's old school rap station (that is what the rhyme was) ? I guess so, and Beyond Jazz was just sensational. Damn that sucks!

Nope, no old school hip hop station anymore. That just blows, I used to have Sirius and was thinking about getting back into it after the merger, but forget it!!!!

No Shade 45 or E Street Radio or Faction or even BBC Radio 1. DirecTV is making me pay extra for the best of Sirius, too, I think.

How are U-Pop and The System (thank God) still on when XM dumped them?

As stated by another poster in another post, which has been verified on Wiki, an outside service produces those two stations.

The System, my favorite XM music station, is still available on XM Online, classified now as an online only station. This really sucks for me because I listened to it 80% of the time in the car.

I've been an XM sub for a few years. Every month they charge my credit card. The last couple of months there have been no charges and I am still getting service. I wonder if something happened in billing during the transition???

Oh well...I am not going to complain.

What rec. could you have that has NO upgradability ?

I am with Jimbo on this. They are constantly making changes (Only been a Subscriber since 11/01 but One Software update and more to come). Go to Cable and you will see no feature changes or upgradeability.

I was with Charter and had the same software on my DVR for over a year.

This is a disaster. Every Sirius channel I listen to aside from NFL Network has been axed, changed into some other crap.. :( Have not been in the car which has it installed for a while but looking at the "new" lineup it is not looking good.

I am definitely pissed! No more "High Standards"???? Where does one go to now for the likes of Sinatra and fine vocalists and jazz?????:mad:

Nope, no old school hip hop station anymore. That just blows, I used to have Sirius and was thinking about getting back into it after the merger, but forget it!!!!

Yeah, it seems they basically went from 3 hip-hop channels with some unique characteristics to each to one monolithic channel that plays more mainstream & radio stuff... but that was to be expected when they became the only game in town.

I had Music Choice on cable and I thought it was better than the XM stations were (before they took the hatchet to them).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts