XM PCR vs TimeTrax Complete XM?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MarketMan753

Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Would anyone know if there is any advantage to buying XM-PCR (discontinued but available on eBay) then adding the TT software, over buying the TimeTrax Complete XM kit direct from TimeTrax? Thx

My first thought is that the xm-direct stuff probably has some kinda warrenty where as the XM PCR is totally not gonna get repaired if for some reason it decides to die or there is a problem.

There is also the other thought process that it is a few dollars cheaper when purchased with the whole kit - so I dunno.

It's not like TT has any gaurantees, buy your own XM Direct and the software only from TT then take an rs232 cable cut the end off of it and add a radio shack connector and power supply. Total cost $85.00. TT screws you on the software anyway since when the radio dies you are out the entire cost and there is no service agreement for any of it. You pay $130.00 to Time Trex for what?

Your question is a valid one.

How about the DirectPCR?

I have a question about DirectPCR Analog versus the Time Trax Complete XM.

Direct PCR Analog = $95 + $45 = $140

Direct PCR TOSlink = $139 + $45 = $184

Time Trax Complete XM = $130

Since the Time Trax Complete XM for $130 includes a license for the TimeTrax Software ($45), it puts it as $10 less than the Direct PCR with the Time Trax software.

So, my question is, how does the Direct PCR Analog compare to the Time Trax Complete XM. IE if they are the same, and the Time Trax unit looks more compact/professional, why would anyone buy the Direct PCR Analog?

And also is there a Digital connection (like the Direct PCR TOSlink) available from Time Trax?

So, my question is, how does the Direct PCR Analog compare to the Time Trax Complete XM.

As far as I can tell, the 'Direct PCR' functions exactly the same as the 'TimeTrax Complete XM'. I know that the 'Direct PCR' is put together and sold by an individual hobbyist whereas all of the Time Trax products are professionally designed, engineered, manufactured and certified for consumer use and sale.

Most importantly, if you purchase a 'complete' set-up from Time Trax, we guarantee and warrantee your set-up to work. Our support department will work with you to troubleshoot your problem and resolve it. We can not provide this kind of blanket statement if you are using various components from different sources.

And also is there a Digital connection (like the Direct PCR TOSlink) available from Time Trax?

Currently, there is no completely digital solution available from Time Trax. Currently, using XM radios, there is no way to get a digital connection point-to-point without opening the XM receiver and modifying it. Doing this voids your warranty on the receiver and is also against Time Trax (as well as XM) policy. We are continually evaluating creative ways to enhance the quality of the signal throughout.

There is good news on this front for those interested in SIRIUS. There is a digital adapter product currently in development. There is not yet a projected availability date and no more specifics are ready yet, but it is in the pipeline. I would expect that the product will be ready somewhere around six months from now (May 2006?). I promise as soon as more info is available it will get posted in the forums, so please don't start asking for details.

I hope I've been able to answer your questions. If you need anymore information or have any follow-up questions, please post a follow-up and someone from TT will get you answers. I think this conversation can be helpful to many others with similar questions.

David K.
Time Trax Customer Service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)