XM vs. Sirius Round 7 News

Which Service Has The Better News Programming?

• XM

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Sirius

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • too Close To Call

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Don't Know/Don't care

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
OK which service has the better news programming. XM just announced that they are dropping MSNBC. Will that bea deciding factor for anyone?

Geronimo said:
OK which service has the better news programming. XM just announced that they are dropping MSNBC. Will that bea deciding factor for anyone?

MSNBC has the lowest ratings on television and radio in the news world. If it does become a deciding factor for anyone, it will be a very few.

Well so what is causing the overwhelming Sirius vote?

topcats69 said:
wrn BBC world NPR

interesting. XM carries the BBC World Serivce and in another forum someone is lamenting that the Sirius package is different. I guess that we all have differnt tastes.

BTW any news on the renewal of NPR programming on Sirius? NPR was making noise about not renewing but that could be negotiations posturing.

NPR's programming on Sirius doesn't cover their biggest shows such as 'All Things Considered' which they won't release because they still want their radio stations to be successful.

Geronimo said:
interesting. XM carries the BBC World Serivce and in another forum someone is lamenting that the Sirius package is different. I guess that we all have differnt tastes.

BTW any news on the renewal of NPR programming on Sirius? NPR was making noise about not renewing but that could be negotiations posturing.

Sirius carries BBC worl service and XM carries BBC fro london totally different package.

Avtually I believe taht XM carries the actual BBC World Service which , as others have noted, contains both news and non news programming. Sirius has a customized feed that is news only.

Here is the final list. If the last few polls show anything they show that even when the differences are slight Sirius will win. We seem to bea pro Sirius group.

Attachments

• XM vs. Sirius 082806.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 190

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts