XMPCR Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelle

Original poster
May 19, 2006
I'm a new TimeTrax owner so my apologies if my question has been answered before.

I recently bought an XMPCR and am using it with TimeTrax. Under "Levels", both "What U Hear" and "Analog Mix" allow me to record. I realize that recording settings depend on the Sound Card (in my case, SB Audigy in a Dell PC) but if anyone here has a similar setup will the quality differ depending on two settings?

I read another thread that said that "What U Hear" records off the Internet stream not the satellite stream, but I assumed that since I am using the XMPCR, I am recording off the satellite stream. Am I wrong about that?

Thanks.

In the TimeTrax Recast Program Group you will see two versions of the software.

If you run the version with "online" in the title you will be recording from the Internet.

If you run the version without "Online" in the title you will record from the XMPCR

If you are using the XMPCR you would want to use the "Line-In" mixer choice.

It sounds like you are using the online version.

Derek

Thank you. I checked and I was using the satellite version not the online version - could you tell me what "What u Hear" means?

What u Hear is exactly that.

It is the controls for what is being outputted to the speakers.

If you are using the XMPCR you should be using Line-In.

Make sure that the audio cable that goes from the XMPCR is going to the Line-In of the sound card.

Derek

Thanks again. One hopefully final question: If I am recording WAV files, is there a partcular setting I need to select or change other than picking WAV as the output? I'm looking for the best quality.

Sorry -- I do have a second question besides asking about WAV settings in my prior message, and then I think I'll be all set.

What is Song Change Delay and how do I figure out if the setting needs to be changed. For example, I want to record the weekly Dylan show on XM. I like the idea of having separate tracks and using Perfec Trax. But will the tracks stop and start with bits cut off? If I want to end up with something that sounds seamless when I play it back, does Song Change Delay affect that or am I better of recording as one large file?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)