xx24 software is here! - 8/24/2022

Streaming is about the same on my DISH Android units and my Nvidia Shield.

However one big PLUS of the Android units is the picture quality from DISH on HD channels appears much better. I am guessing these units have a newer generation MPEG4 decoder in them.
you are saying that the Hopper+ is producing a better HD picture?
On all of the HD channels?
If this is true, then I may become "suddenly" interested
I have 2 HWS & a wireless Joey. Would each require the Hopper+ to produce the better picture?

I have 2 HWS & a wireless Joey. Would each require the Hopper+ to produce the better picture?
Yes that's what I am saying. In talking with others about it, it seems this was a common opinion I got.

For me though I tested with a H3 not sure about the HWS. However I believe it would be the same since the single is being passed off of the Plus or Joey 4's. This is how the HWS can now support 4K from DISH. :D

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've seen stories of that happening, giving new customers the Plus and Joey 4's without qualifying that they have internet and Hi-Def TV's
Would these still work as regular receivers, even without the internet connection? If so, this could still be a way of "future proofing" their system. (For the record, I got my first HD Dish receiver months before I even had my first HD TV.) However, that is still a stupid way of doing so, since there are people who actually want and/or "need" these devices, who still can't get them.

Would these still work as regular receivers, even without the internet connection? If so, this could still be a way of "future proofing" their system. (For the record, I got my first HD Dish receiver months before I even had my first HD TV.) However, that is still a stupid way of doing so, since there are people who actually want and/or "need" these devices, who still can't get them.
There’s only HDMI outputs on the new Joeys. So an analog television could not have one of the new Joeys on it

That’s an interesting question, I wonder if having two of them would trigger an upgrade to a Hopper three. And it does make sense about the better video quality because the video is coming from the hopper plus now, not the hopper itself.

That’s an interesting question, I wonder if having two of them would trigger an upgrade to a Hopper three. And it does make sense about the better video quality because the video is coming from the hopper plus now, not the hopper itself.
Dual Hopper setups are not compatible with the Hopper Plus and would need to be modified to a 1 Hopper installation. Whether that is using only 1 existing Hopper or upgrading to a Hopper 3.

Reactions: HipKat and navychop
Dual Hopper setups are not compatible with the Hopper Plus and would need to be modified to a 1 Hopper installation. Whether that is using only 1 existing Hopper or upgrading to a Hopper 3.
That is going to disappoint many members here who already have two Hopper 3's. Maybe this issue can be remedied by a new Hopper 4. :devilish

I don't understand your post. I have two Hopper 3s. Are you saying I two Hopper+s in my setup?

I don't understand your post. I have two Hopper 3s. Are you saying I two Hopper+s in my setup?
HipKat's post was in response to someone with two HWS. Then, brittanygarden confirmed that two Hopper+'s would not work in any installation, regardless of Hopper model. In a way, this makes sense. This is a brand-new product that is still in limited supply. So, Dish may not want two of them going to the same household, while other customers are still waiting to get one.

HipKat's post was in response to someone with two HWS. Then, brittanygarden confirmed that two Hopper+'s would not work in any installation, regardless of Hopper model. In a way, this makes sense. This is a brand-new product that is still in limited supply. So, Dish may not want two of them going to the same household, while other customers are still waiting to get one.
That is understandable. I thought he met that two Hopper 3s with each having a Hopper+ attached would not work for some reason.

Reactions: pattykay
I'd think that in two Hoppers, there would be conflicts between the Joeys and the Hopper+'s interferring with each other

No, she's saying you're going to need to drop one of your Hopper 3's for a Joey 4
What? I have to completely remove one of my H3s from my setup?
I think we finally have an answer for why Dish was so unwilling to give the purchased receiver fee discount for the second Hopper 3. Dish knew this was coming. The upgrade is an easier sell if they can say you can save money (replacing a $15 per month Hopper 3 with a $7 per month Joey) rather than having it cost you more money (replacing a $5 per month purchased Hopper 3 with a $7 per month leased Joey) for less functionality and less flexibility.

The best-case scenario (with the purchased second Hopper 3 discount) would be that you break even (replacing a $5 per month purchased Hopper 3 with a $5 per month purchased Joey). Even then, you would still need to spend more money upfront to purchase that Joey, and you would still have the trade-off of losing the functionality of the second Hopper 3. That is a hard sell, even if Dish is offering a program where you can exchange the purchased Hopper 3 for a purchased Joey 4 at no additional cost.

Playing the long game, this could be precisely why Dish forced everyone who wanted two Hopper 3's to purchase one of them in the first place. Dish knew a future upgrade would force you to remove one of them. This way, you can resell it to get some of your money back, rather than having to send a leased Hopper 3 back to Dish. The bottom line is that Dish never really wanted anyone to have more than one Hopper on an account in the first place. So, they have been coming up with ways to force everyone to a single-Hopper system (or pay through the nose for the privilege of multiple Hoppers) ever since the first Hopper came out.

I definitely will not give up my two Hopper3 receivers. I see no need for a Hopper+ since I have smart TV’s, a Roku Ultra, Apple TV, and Amazon Firesticks. I would have loved to add a Joey 4 for my basement TV. Currently I use Dish Anywhere with an Amazon Firestick for my basement TV.

Question for the 'H+' experienced people.

Has the handoff from 2k sat channels to 4k streams and reverse been stabilized in the H+ android software?
The Hopper software has significant freeze and reboot issues with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)