xx24 software is here! - 8/24/2022

Dual Hopper setups are not compatible with the Hopper Plus and would need to be modified to a 1 Hopper installation. Whether that is using only 1 existing Hopper or upgrading to a Hopper 3.
I have two HWS's on an Outdoor account, one in our cottage and one in our RV. On the road, each HWS uses its own dish. Obviously, switching to one Hopper is not an acceptable solution. Will the Hopper+ work with one of the Hoppers without using a second one on the second Hopper?

I finally sat down and did some testing on what appeared to be a problem with the DVR playback on my Wally. When you hit the skip back button it says 10 seconds on the screen but actually it jumps back 20 seconds (I timed it several times). I don't remember having this issue prior to this new software version. Not sure how you can screw up something like that but it is.

I finally sat down and did some testing on what appeared to be a problem with the DVR playback on my Wally. When you hit the skip back button it says 10 seconds on the screen but actually it jumps back 20 seconds
Yup; that's exactly what my H3 and J3's do. It wouldn't be so annoying if it wouldn't play for a few seconds and then skip to live again. :mad: That defeats the whole purpose of skipping back 10 seconds because, if you missed something, you never get to hear it again without going back more like a minute and suffering through that minute twice. I have sometimes resorted to turning on CC to see what the dialog was.
Not sure how you can screw up something like that but it is.
I'm really really annoyed that Dish has left this spontaneous "skip to live" problem go on for years without addressing it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I finally sat down and did some testing on what appeared to be a problem with the DVR playback on my Wally. When you hit the skip back button it says 10 seconds on the screen but actually it jumps back 20 seconds (I timed it several times). I don't remember having this issue prior to this new software version. Not sure how you can screw up something like that but it is.
This might be a good one to post in the official software issue reporting thread:

I'm not sure Dish Technical Operations is following this thread (the one we are in now) anymore, since we have kind of gone off the rails here. That thread (the sticky one I linked above) is more likely to get a response from someone who can actually help.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This might be a good one to post in the official software issue reporting thread:

I'm not sure Dish Technical Operations is following this thread (the one we are in now) anymore, since we have kind of gone off the rails here. That thread (the sticky one I linked above) is more likely to get a response from someone who can actually help.
You can always just ping Charlie from Tech Operations. He's on here and has personally helped me to troubleshoot something in PM's. He's top notch and cares. He might not have seen this thread.

Streaming is about the same on my DISH Android units and my Nvidia Shield.

However one big PLUS of the Android units is the picture quality from DISH on HD channels appears much better. I am guessing these units have a newer generation MPEG4 decoder in them.

So are you having the same issues as others where everything gets stuck in HDR? If so that really surprises me that the HD channels look better with the +. I would think that would make the picture too dark for shows that aren’t actually aired in HDR.

OK, now that I've had my 2nd cup of coffee I do see that tab but what I was having trouble finding was where to create a timer. When you see the little red dot representing the red button on the remote it appears to indicate sort choices the way it's worded when actually it accesses the menu I was looking for. Not universally user friendly but alls well that ends well. :)