Yamaha BD-A1010 Universal Blu-Ray Player

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well you got rid of one and need to replace it ;) Still waiting to hear from you on speakers, amps, and pre/pro :D

S~

Hahaha. I emailed em to ask about the chip. To be honest, if Im going to drop $500 I expect something like a ABT or Marvell chip to be onboard.

I'm not as much an audio guy, and I just cant ever find a reason to bitch about my current setup, especially since I went 5.1. If I was to upgrade anything, it'd be the sub.

You are right, I do only have one BR player right now, need to fix that :)

One? I've got more than that sitting in the closet ;) JK. I thought you had the Oppo (repurchased) and the 210?

S~

Shoot, Oppo got recycled with a big purge of gear. Im wide open now! For standard Blu-ray playback, cant beat these BDT's.

But, like I said, I like trying new stuff. I let the Oppo go when I bought the PS3, because it just really added nothing to my setup, and you can make your money back on a new Oppo on eBay.

Well, Im a little miff'd it did not ship today, or at least I dont think it did. Maybe Im spoiled by Amazon, but I emailed em and will be curious what they say. Im usually harder on retailers the first time I buy from them.

OK, so I called em. Phone service was great, I guess they just dont understand how to answer emails.

Yamaha's first shipment is due into them in the next day or two, then they will ship from Audioholics.

Hope that you are doing good, thank you for your order. I do apologize for the inconvenience, this is a brand new model that just started shipping from Yamaha. We should be getting our shipment in mid next week. Your order is next to ship and will go out as soon as the shipment is received, I will forward the tracking number to you in the evening. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Customer Support
Audioholics Store

Got that yesterday. Some are speculating the BD1010 is the same as the 1000. They look a like, I emailed Yamaha to see if theyd answer.

Just got another email, not shipping until Sept. Im cancelling the order, between the wait and my feeling it's no different from the A1000, Im looking elsewhere.

Now that the Pioneer Elites are close, have a Marvell, and are 100% Pioneer, Im gonna consider one of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)