Yanks v. Sox Series is Huge

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
The Yankees and Red Sox have a five game series next on the agenda starting with a double-header on Friday. With the Yankees losing tonight and the Sox over the Tigers, This series is going to be huge! Go Yankees!!!

sidekick said:
The Yankees and Red Sox have a five game series next on the agenda starting with a double-header on Friday. With the Yankees losing tonight and the Sox over the Tigers, This series is going to be huge! Go Yankees!!!
Yes, It will be very interesting...
Boston could not ask for anything more, than to be able to play the team that is dirrectly in front of them.
IF the Sox can get their own problems straightened out.

Jimbo

This will be a great series. The scales seem to be tipping in the Yankees favor, however anything can happen at Fenway. This is what baseball is all about!

yes, it will be great to see who gets to be defeated by the ST LOUIS CARDINALS in the world series!!! just kidding, well i hope not...but , at this point i dont know what would be more disapointing for me, not getting into the WS or getting there and failing again. after 2 great seasons and comming up short is bad. maybe having to fight tooth and nail like we have to this year will help play off time. assuming we make it that far. oh well sorry for highjacking the thread. needed to vent. YANK$ and $OXS will be fun as always.

SPORTS BLACKOUTS HAVE TO GO!

They are left overs from a time gone by - - - - - BYE BYE!

I can't believe you can't just pay for something and be done with it........ :(

I wonder if there will be a brawl between the Yankees and the Sox, like the Rangers and Angels had the other night?

Scott Greczkowski said:
You know what sucks.

I can't watch the game in HD. :(

ESPN HD is blacked out for me. Which is dumb its a sold out game. :(
At least we can catch tomorrow and Sunday's games in HD. RSNs in HD can't come fast enough.

dantheman77 said:
yes, it will be great to see who gets to be defeated by the ST LOUIS CARDINALS in the world series!!! just kidding, well i hope not...but , at this point i dont know what would be more disapointing for me, not getting into the WS or getting there and failing again. after 2 great seasons and comming up short is bad. maybe having to fight tooth and nail like we have to this year will help play off time. assuming we make it that far. oh well sorry for highjacking the thread. needed to vent. YANK$ and $OXS will be fun as always.
Watch out, here come the REDS !!!!!!
(opps, look like I spoke to soon, trailing badley tonight 7-1)

I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of the 1968 world series (which I was lucky enough to be at). Bob Gibson & Denny McLain :))

dantheman77 said:

sidekick said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of the 1968 world series (which I was lucky enough to be at). Bob Gibson & Denny McLain :))

well, i would go for the 1934 world series, Dizzy Dean and the soon to be " Gas House Gang" getting the best of the Tigers!! The 1968 series was fixed and everyone knows it!!! LOL just kidding ( BTW i was lucky enough NOT to be at (the 1934), if i were i would be to old now!LOL)

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
Watch out, here come the REDS !!!!!!
(opps, look like I spoke to soon, trailing badley tonight 7-1)
YES! and the Cardinals FINALLY beat that powerhouse known as the Chicago Cubs!! the first time we beat the cubs at wrigley this year, go figure! and just to remind you, I did say IF we get in the playoffs!! I do think we will, BUT, i am not dismissing you guys at all! although, with Griffey out (for how long??) wont help your chances, sorry to see that.

The 1934 series was great. In my memorabilia collection I have a ticket from the 1934 world series, a souvenir bat and a pennant. Are you a Cardinals fan?

dantheman77 said:
well, i would go for the 1934 world series, Dizzy Dean and the soon to be " Gas House Gang" getting the best of the Tigers!! The 1968 series was fixed and everyone knows it!!! LOL just kidding ( BTW i was lucky enough NOT to be at (the 1934), if i were i would be to old now!LOL)

sidekick said:
The 1934 series was great. In my memorabilia collection I have a ticket from the 1934 world series, a souvenir bat and a pennant. Are you a Cardinals fan?
yes indeed!! lived in st louis all my life, so its hard not to be! the pennant and bat sounds nice!