Yeah, I know... It's an Atlantic Bird but...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Several years back living in New York with an 6 foot solid, and clear view of the horizon I could get as low as 15 degrees on Ku. The KU (Super/Wide) showing coverage only for Europe/UK! C band would require over 10 feet dish, elevation would be very low to the point of getting terrestrial interference.

as ong as you have a good line of site, the elevation is acceptible and there are signals within the footprint, then you should be able to :)

Like Ice said clear view to the east.
an you do know it is circular c-band.

also another problem you may run into is you're mount to go that low. if you're going to use a Azel mount no problem but if you're going to use a polar mount with a actuator may not get that low unless you try to mod how the actuator bolts to the mount, an most H to H mounts for get it.

that is the problem I got here, I have a real good look to the east can get AlanticBird-1 @12.5, an can get close to AlantiB-3 but no go if I slam the dish down as low as it will drive an push on the bottom of the dish can see signal & quality spike. when it cools off I got another mount that I moded that will go that low, an thats going to be circular c-band only. an by then may find a ADL 500 for a cheep price, I hope.

good luck their is some neat stuff to the east.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)