YES! 4DTV on W5 almost certain

Status
Please reply by conversation.
With a decent fta receiver, you can get AlJazeera and France24 news 24/7 and also some cable channels such as FoxNews and CNN periodically ITC. Of course the alphabets with their slanted news fare are also on fta.

Thats why I just said periodically, they have been known to encrypt to be back itc a few weeks later. Their PQ is awesome too.

Step 1, buy a fta dvb-s2 compatible box like Azbox, Step 2, sign up for WUT.

Thats why I just said periodically, they have been known to encrypt to be back itc a few weeks later. Their PQ is awesome too.

Step 1, buy a fta dvb-s2 compatible box like Azbox, Step 2, sign up for WUT.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is WUT ? Thanks all for the help

I just got my renewal notice from the "Programming Center". They're renewing my subscription to December 31, only.

With a decent fta receiver, you can get AlJazeera and France24 news 24/7 and also some cable channels such as FoxNews and CNN periodically ITC. Of course the alphabets with their slanted news fare are also on fta.

Fox is slanted to. It's just your slant. All news is slanted. No matter who reports it.

To get this thread back on topic. I have a few questions that I need answered so that I am clear on this.

I want to buy this. (DSR410 Receiver)

Skyvision Satellite Equipment

and subscribe to this

WebForm2

Will this service and equipment work after Jan 1 2011?

To get this thread back on topic. I have a few questions that I need answered so that I am clear on this.

I want to buy this. (DSR410 Receiver)

Skyvision Satellite Equipment

and subscribe to this

WebForm2

Will this service and equipment work after Jan 1 2011?
The second link "WebForm2" would not open for me so not really sure what it is, I am thinking that the only packages that will be available after the first of the year would be those as listed on Skyvision's web site, it seams like I read some where on here that the programming center will just be reselling those packages after the first of the year, if that link went to those packages never mind, but just wanted to mention that.
Terry

HITS HD programming uses combo mode. It's too bad that Motorola bought the set top division from GI when they did. GI was working on possibly coming out with a DSR 924 that would have done combo. I bet things would have been quite different today if that became a reality. Motorola tossed out the idea and that was it. :(

Are you guys saying that if (when) the 920s and 922s work on W5 that you can get HD if you have the HD add on for those receivers?

No you still won't get HD because 922 and 920's don't have the tuner to receive combo mode. There will be no HD even when skyvision subs on 4dtv become available as far as I know.

Thanks. My plan is to buy a 410 and start new subscription with Skyvision. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on HD with one of the 922s or 920s.

No you still won't get HD because 922 and 920's don't have the tuner to receive combo mode. There will be no HD even when skyvision subs on 4dtv become available as far as I know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)