YES HD spotbeam issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wes311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
I live in Norwich CT which is about the same distance between Boston and New York.
I'm a Yankee fan just like a lot of you out there that like me,complain about the HD spotbeam not reaching far enough. Well I talked tonight to a supervisor at D who told me that it's up to YES to determine how far they want the spotbeam to carry and that people in the Cleveland area were having the same problem and so they complained to FSN to extend the spotbeam and I guess they did,so I think if enough of us Yankee fans in the CT area called YES and complained that we weren't getting our Yankee games in HD,maybe they would do something about it. It's worth a shot!

It's NOT YES that determines this.

I have the same situation in the Detroit area, D* says I am not close enough...
I spoke with the FSN Detroit people and they say they would LOVE to have the Toledo market, but that the design is made by the actual teams as to how far of an ara thay want to include in thier market area.

Jimbo

I hate to break it to you Jimbos, but my local cable companies offer YES HD so that kinda screws up that theory hugh??

I hate to break it to you Jimbos, but my local cable companies offer YES HD so that kinda screws up that theory hugh??

Jimbo is correct Wes. It's MLB that determines which market you are in. Now on the other hand, it's D* that decides who gets hd or not. I am in Cheshire and also well within the hd footprint as you are (after all, the people in Montauk LI get it), but I don't get YES hd either. Email them and let them know that you want to get YES in hd. The more customers that they here from, the more likely it is that they will expand their area. Now, if you are patient, most of us think that when the new sats are up that the coverage areas will be expanded anyway.

Just FYI, as of today DirecTV is for the first time delivering YES-HD and SNY-HD to some areas outside the NYC DMA - I have seen reports from Scranton, Buffalo and Albany. Don't know whether DirecTV has expanded the size of the spotbeams also.

Just FYI, as of today DirecTV is for the first time delivering YES-HD and SNY-HD to some areas outside the NYC DMA - I have seen reports from Scranton, Buffalo and Albany. Don't know whether DirecTV has expanded the size of the spotbeams also.

I was told by a csr (I know, a grain of salt!) that they were going to add another spot beam for this.

I'm getting both YES and SNY HD also here in CT!!!

MINE too....
The local cable company shows Detroit and Cleveland to boot.
The TEAM determines the area that is covered.

Remember that Cable companies work off of DIFFERENY rules unfortunatly.

Jimbo

06374 plainfield, ct
watched yeshd last night
two chnl 622's
hr-20
5 lnb slimline

got yeshd ans snyhd in milford 06460. now if only abc and i will be all set.

Status
Please reply by conversation.