Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I have had YES hd on channel 622 since this spring. Now that it is also available on channel 684, I am getting channel not authorized on 622. Is anyone else in CT getting this message?

I did in CT also but it came back on for Mike & the Mad Dog

My friend had the same problem in NYC. I'm guessing D* needs to authorize the "NY" area for in market Yankee programming again. He had ext. 721, then Mike and The Mad Dog was in the clear. He was getting 622 in SD, so it's definitely a D* thing.

I have had YES hd on channel 622 since this spring. Now that it is also available on channel 684, I am getting channel not authorized on 622. Is anyone else in CT getting this message?

I found it strange that YESHD had changed in my favorites to 684. I added it back on 622 and get both 622 and 684 fine - no message on 622.

It came back on some time during the day. All is well again! (except the Red Sox won today.)

We'll see if "721/not authorized" happens again when Yankees Magazine and Yankees on Deck comes on in about an hour. Supposedly, this is happening on local NY programming only. My buddy called up and was told they're having problems with authorization on some HD programming, so only time will tell if it's resolved yet.

622 is the feed from the new 103(b) satellite. 684 is the "old" YES-HD that is transmitted with the NYC HD locals.

622 is the feed from the new 103(b) satellite. 684 is the "old" YES-HD that is transmitted with the NYC HD locals.

I guess they switched them, then. How do you know which is which?

If you tune into 622 and then remove the BBC you should get a 771 showing that you have lost the signal - I haven't tried it, I was just going on what I was told.

Since I now get both 622 and 684 for Yes (I already had 622 but 684 became available yesterday), Should I be using 622 since it's the new MPEG4? I noticed that 625 SNY did the same thing with an additinal channel being available now in the 680's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)