Yes in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ScoBuck said:
PQ improvement tonight on the MPEG4 broadcast - looks like they are tweaking things. It seems to have lost its 8mm movie picture effect, and looks normal speed - I have both channel 95 (MPEG2) and channel 96 (MPEG4) and they are virtually identical this evening.

Maybe they ae figuring this thing out finally. :)

Good to hear, I'll have to check it out next game. I'd hate for that motion choppiness to stay there once they shut off the MPEG2 YES HD feed.

Virtually identical? Does that mean MPEG4 is still HDLite? ;)

Anyone notice that the Yankee away games in HD seem to look better than the home games in HD?

-Chris

ScoBuck said:
PQ improvement tonight on the MPEG4 broadcast - looks like they are tweaking things. It seems to have lost its 8mm movie picture effect, and looks normal speed - I have both channel 95 (MPEG2) and channel 96 (MPEG4) and they are virtually identical this evening.

Maybe they ae figuring this thing out finally. :)

Not sure I agree. I also compared 95/96, and compared PQ of 95 with 97 (Mets/Padres). No pixellation. But it sure looked like the frame-rate was low; my 8 year-old son kept asking why the pitches were jittering, so it's not just me.

Last week I called and they admitted having transmission issues. If it's the same tonight, I will call again. This just isn't acceptable, live-action should be smooth.

chrisexv6 said:
Virtually identical? Does that mean MPEG4 is still HDLite? ;)

Anyone notice that the Yankee away games in HD seem to look better than the home games in HD?

-Chris

Don't be so sure all of the channel 95 games ARE HD-Lite, I have seen varying info on that.

jpn said:
Not sure I agree. I also compared 95/96, and compared PQ of 95 with 97 (Mets/Padres). No pixellation. But it sure looked like the frame-rate was low

Last night channel 96 WAS better, but I agree about channel 97 (SNY) it definitely was NOT any better.

Hello, I am new to this forum.
I live in Central NJ, and I have the H20 (MPEG4) HD receiver.

I have also been noticing the "slow motion, 8mm movie" effect on my YES HD channel.

Last night, I was watching Yankees-White Sox. It was being broadcast on Ch. 96 (which was YES HD), and Ch. 95 (which was also YES HD, but part of the MLB Extra Innings package). NOTE: I do not get MLB Extra Innings, but I guess they showed it on this channel because I live in NY area?

Another NOTE: YES HD is usually channel 95 for me.

Anyway, on channel 95, the picture quality was perfect, and on channel 96, you had the "slow-motion effect".

I started noticing the "slow-motion" effect back on 7/29/06 (NYY-TB game)

I feel a bit better now, as I now know that this isn't an issue with my specific equipment.
So, is this a YES HD issue, or a Direct TV issue?

Has anyone gotten any answers from YES HD or Direct TV on this issue?

Thanks!

Marc

mgov777 said:
So, is this a YES HD issue, or a Direct TV issue?

Has anyone gotten any answers from YES HD or Direct TV on this issue?

Thanks!

Marc

Welcome, Marc.

Last week I called D* level-2 support. They admitted having transmission problems; said they're working on it and would resolve it as soon as possible.

Reading other threads, the NESN (Red Sox) fans have the same complaints. Same for people complaining about their mpeg4 local channels.

I was going to complain last night but something came up. I suggest that we organize better and that we lodge as many complaints as possible. Everybody should start calling so we can get more atention from D*.

They've got us all on 2-year commitments, it's time to get what we're paying-for. It's going to take more than a few complaints.

I have called level 2 support 2 times and they insist that there is not a transmission problem with 96 and 97

They want to send a tech to my house, my gut is it is a waste of time.

Is Anyone .. getting 96 or 97 Without slo motion effect ?

Anyone watching the Yankee vs Seattle game on Channel 95 this evening? For some reason it is not HD. (Even though the guide says it is) Are they having technical difficulties? I also am not watching the game live (I just got home) and it appears the broadcast did not start until the 2 outs into the first inning....I guess this does mean they are having technical difficulties with their HD broadcast in Seattle.

Here's a handy guide for HD Sports broadcasts. You'll notice that YES is not doing any HD broadcasts on the West Coast trip. I have no idea why D* is showing a SD broadcast on 95.

I tried calling level 2 again and still they deny any transmission problems with 96 and 97 in New York. I am sitting here watching the Mets and still have the slow motion effect.

I just want confirmation that someone will fix this.

wes311 said:
I just got off the phone with "D" tech-support. They imformed me that I'm eligible in Connecticut under my zip code(06360) for YES HD. She said It's on channel 96. Well I went to that channel and it said "channel not available". She had me reset my receiver and repeat sat setup and other different things with no results. I was just wondering if anybody else in the Connecticut area who is a Yankee fan was having the same trouble. If they are,will you please call them and complain.She said they will take this matter to the engineering dept. Hopefully this will get resolved soon!
I just joined this forum and my question is what system are you on? I am on Direct TV and know nothing of the Yankees in HD. If they are can you let me know

bobraus said:
I just joined this forum and my question is what system are you on? I am on Direct TV and know nothing of the Yankees in HD. If they are can you let me know

All of CT is considered YES territory. If you have an hd receiver you can get the home games and selected away games in hd on channel 95. If you are in Fairfield county you can get them in hd on channel 96, but you must have the H20 receiver and the 5 lnb dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)