YES Network Being Dropped? (Agreement reached 4/7)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think a YES deal is done... Just yet to be announced. YES has zero on their website about YES being pulled from directv. Normally in these situations, if a deal wasnt done, the website would be flooded with doom and gloom and switch your provider now.

The probablity of a deal being done is most likely 100 percent. I have to hand it to both directv and yes, for the most part this has been very cival. Not much bashing each other wich is another sign that a deal is going to be done.

I am hearing that they are still a way apart on a deal.The way I was explained things when DIRECTV first got YES they overpaid for it. Now DIRECTV wants to pay what everyone else is paying which would be a huge loss in $$ for YES Network. And of course YES wants more money not less.This the stalemate.

I am hearing that they are still a way apart on a deal.The way I was explained things when DIRECTV first got YES they overpaid for it. Now DIRECTV wants to pay what everyone else is paying which would be a huge loss in $$ for YES Network. And of course YES wants more money not less.This the stalemate.

That makes sense, especially after you read the Statement Directv has on their website regarding the situation.

DIRECTV YES Network

do anyone listen to Mike Francesa in NY?, D* told him they will not pull YES, if YES goes dark, blame the network not Directv

Of course they wont pull it...of course it would be YES.....Why would they pull it? No bones, I am a D* guy but this is a pretty obvious statement.

Of course YES will pull the station. What leverage does YES have if DirecTV can continue showing the channel paying the same price? DirecTV still has a choice whether to carry YES by agreeing to terms.

Wait, scoop8... remember what day it is?? Think hard... :)

Not to say that sports network negotiations are not troubling, though... I'm an E* customer and attempted to switch over to D* last fall but couldn't because of LOS, and the reason I wanted to do it is because D* seemed to care a lot more when it came to retaining their sports networks. Already, on E* we've either lost or never had the entire NY sports market (YES, MSG, MSG+, SNY), lost GOL, we very nearly lost all FOX regionals, very nearly lost CSNCA, we get NESN and MASN only in SD, and there are a host of other regionals D* has that we don't get including 'the Mtn'. What would that leave our multisports package as? Just NBATV, NHLTV, NFL Network, horse racing, tennis, golf, and a few others -- with maybe a few regionals sprinkled in. Maybe that's what E* eventually wants to pare it down to. :p

But seriously, in my opinion sports networks are beginning to price themselves out of the lineup, and it's becoming a very disturbing trend. Even D* isn't completely immune when one thinks of the Versus issue and now YES. But more regionals will come up for their contracts to be renewed, sooner or later... and they'll be asking for more, more, more... and their justification will be that we already get paid this price by our competitors. I think D* may be able to keep up with it for the most part, to satisfy it's huge sports customer base, while cutting corners on other non-sports HD content... while others, like E*, will shrug their shoulders and continue to cut these networks, concentrating more on their non-sports HD and international programming.

Me, I'm caught in the middle, like so many others. I love my sports, and I love other entertainment too. There is not one service that brings both together with the same quality, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two E* just decides to cut sports altogether. In the meantime, I'm sitting back and watching what happens, expecting the worst. I no longer have a contract with E*, and I'm waiting now to see if D* can get their act together with their non-sports HD lineup. And finally, I have LOS... the city took out the tree yesterday that was blocking the view to the 101 sat! ;)

Yeah, it was early this morning for me :haha I forgot that once-a-year day where cyberland is filled with "joke" posts.

Speaking of YES feeds, over on the other forum, there's some confusion about the MLB EI YES feed availability in the event that YES goes dark on it's RSN channel. Some are posting "yes", the feed will be removed from both, and some are posting that, since MLB has authority regarding the EI feed status'es, that we'll still see the YES feed for EI sub's (except for NY mkt EI sub's).

Regarding your posts, good points. I've stayed with DirecTV due to the sports offerings.

Yeah, it was early this morning for me :haha I forgot that once-a-year day where cyberland is filled with "joke" posts.

Speaking of YES feeds, over on the other forum, there's some confusion about the MLB EI YES feed availability in the event that YES goes dark on it's RSN channel. Some are posting "yes", the feed will be removed from both, and some are posting that, since MLB has authority regarding the EI feed status'es, that we'll still see the YES feed for EI sub's (except for NY mkt EI sub's).

Regarding your posts, good points. I've stayed with DirecTV due to the sports offerings.

Our notes on the YES deal is that even with MLB EI you would not get the YES feed but the opposing team feed. Now does the MLB have authority of the feeds maybe but dtv says in the event of a yes lock out it would not be made available via EI.

2 more hours to go till midnight. I am assuming it is midnight EDT when the contract runs out since YES is in NY.
Will 631 just go dead?

Hey DirecTv, I am willing to pay more $$$. Just make sure YES is on. Cancel every other channel in world, just not YES.
I will cancel, regardless of how much the ETF is. No YES = No me paying close 2 $200/month for 7 receivers, Premier package, and just about every add on channel/service you offer.

2 more hours to go till midnight. I am assuming it is midnight EDT when the contract runs out since YES is in NY.
Will 631 just go dead?

Hey DirecTv, I am willing to pay more $$$. Just make sure YES is on. Cancel every other channel in world, just not YES.
I will cancel, regardless of how much the ETF is. No YES = No me paying close 2 $200/month for 7 receivers, Premier package, and just about every add on channel/service you offer.

Im not paying more. I am month to month as it is. They cancel yes and I am gone.

again changes are usually made between say 3a - 6am ET (DirecTV operates in the PT) so check back then. Its not legally midnight in most of the USA.

honestly dont know....

Is the drop dead time 12:00 Pacific Time? We dont know
Did they reach an agreement? dont know
Did they reach a temporary agreement? Dont know

I'll turn the TV on in the morning and if 631 is there its there. If not, oh well (Its not my RSN)

Status
Please reply by conversation.