YES Network Being Dropped? (Agreement reached 4/7)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
as per yes networks' website Saturday morning....

"We have granted DirecTV an extension until Thursday, April 7, in order to continue negotiating with the goal of reaching a new agreement."

No, not if a settlement is reached by then.

The LIN situation goes on and on and covers MANY stations and contracts, the YES contract covers the NY area only.
YES Dispute affects North Eastern PA, NY City and State, Most of NJ and CT.
Not as small as you think!

This is Millions of customers.

Dish Dropping SNY as well as all the NY SPORTS DMA Channels, is going to Slam them. Mark my words!

D* isn't dumb and neither is YES, it will get resolved.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Here this is for all you Anti- Yankees fans.

NUMBER 1 RSN for 8 years straight.!
I admit it I enjoy watching the Yankees... Watching them lose. :D

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

D* isn't dumb and neither is YES, it will get resolved.
exactly. And thats the difference between Dish and Dirctv

Directv finds ways to keep channels
Dish does the "these are my rules and if you dont like it tough" and pulls channels

I like to bash D* , But Directv is the only company that I feel is a pro when it comes to this.

YES knows this, and they will agree!

And the fact that Dish doesn't do a thing for the NY or Philly Sports DMA , Will KILL THEM .
Atleast D* can get Philly and all NY Baseball with their MLB EI.

Right now, I would see reason for anyone in NY ,NJ,CT,or PA to ever have Dish Network.

You must really have to be an Epix fan! :p

Every time I hear people keep talking about how Dish will die because it has no sports channels in NY market I keep on hearing the "tic-toc" posts on from Oliver Tse. (Old timers will know what I mean).
Not everyone cares for sports. Many sports fans like me don't care for sports on TV unless it's something special. Will there be less people interested because of the loss of these channels? Yes. Will there be more another segment of people attracted because the price is a few nickels lower and they aren't forced to pay for channels they don't watch? Yes.

I like to bash D* , But Directv is the only company that I feel is a pro when it comes to this.

YES knows this, and they will agree!

And the fact that Dish doesn't do a thing for the NY or Philly Sports DMA , Will KILL THEM .
Atleast D* can get Philly and all NY Baseball with their MLB EI.

Right now, I would see reason for anyone in NY ,NJ,CT,or PA to ever have Dish Network.

You must really have to be an Epix fan! :p

Exactly why, after 5 years, I am leaving Dish. I am having Direct TV installed tomorrow. No MSG, No YES no SNY. No local NY sports teams on Dish which means no Islanders, Devils, Rangers, Knicks, Nets, Yankees, Mets, Red Bulls or horse racing from NY. This latest dispute with Dish and SNY only makes me glad that I am leaving.

Every time I hear people keep talking about how Dish will die because it has no sports channels in NY market I keep on hearing the "tic-toc" posts on from Oliver Tse. (Old timers will know what I mean).
Not everyone cares for sports. Many sports fans like me don't care for sports on TV unless it's something special. Will there be less people interested because of the loss of these channels? Yes. Will there be more another segment of people attracted because the price is a few nickels lower and they aren't forced to pay for channels they don't watch? Yes.
The most watch Sports RSN' was YES Network for the past 8 years, 2nd was Comcast Philly.

Both can be had with D* MLB EI. even if Directv drops YES.

NONE can be had with Dishnetwork!

Thats 2 Huge Markets Dish doesn't serve at all with any sports.

I don't care how many movies you watch, This will effect Dish Big time!

Both can be had with D* MLB EI. even if Directv drops YES.

actually from what I have read YES wouldnt be available for MLB EI. They mention that you would have to listen to the other teams announcers
If you are in the market, this hurts as you would be blacked out of the opposing teams feed (maybe they would lift that restriction....hmmm)

It makes you wonder if Dish is indirectly driving up the price of YES for DIRECTV? YES knows that DIRECTV prides itself on its sports coverage, and I wonder if they are trying to leverage it. YES probably figures they can extort more out of DIRECTV because DIRECTV has built a reputation for carrying sports that Dish is too cheap to carry, and if DIRECTV drops YES they look as bad as Dish.

Just a little clarification here:

YES is the #1 RSN in viewership in raw numbers, NOT in market share. I am not claiming that it is not a popular network. I am saying that the NYC market has 2½ time the number of TV households that the Philly market has (Nielsen 2011 numbers) yet there was only a 3000 viewer difference. CSN Philly has 95.6% the viewership in raw numbers in relation to YES in a market that is 40% the size to that of YES'.. In market share YES is not #1. Not even close. I wish I had the numbers for all the other markets.

But this is aside of the point I made. To you, sports on TV are it and nothing else matters. But to other people, even sports fans, it really isn't that important. Lets put it this way. In 2010, according to YES' press release) YES averaged 72,000 prime time viewers per day. This is out of a market with 7,500,000 TV households. This means that 99.9914% of TV households each and every day on average are watching or doing something other that watching YES.

Regardless of "sports TV", "movies channels" or "network TV", I think it boils down to LIVE and / or 1st run programming. That's where the viewers and the value must be.

actually from what I have read YES wouldnt be available for MLB EI. They mention that you would have to listen to the other teams announcers
If you are in the market, this hurts as you would be blacked out of the opposing teams feed (maybe they would lift that restriction....hmmm)
This is True , But the out of market fans could still watch it. Some of the fans would be served.

Thats better then what any of the NY subscribers are getting from Dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts