YES NETWORK (YANKEES)

gashead

Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Manahawkin NJ
Will Dish Network ever get Yes Network added.
I talked my parents in to signing up with dish. I
forgot to inform my dad Dish doesn't have Yes.
If he had to do it all over again, he would not have
signed up, simply for that reason. He is devistated.
I bet they lose thousands of possible subscriptions
because of this. There are tons of Yankee fans all
over the states. Yankee fans are more loyal to their
team then to any tv service.
Why are they the only carrier in existence that won't
carry that channel? C'mon DISH get it together.
And this is coming from a Mets fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it is about that time for another round of "Will Dish Ever..." when it comes to YES.
Let's make this real easy. While there is an Ergan and a Stienbrenner in charge of either company, the answer will be no...

I guess it is about that time for another round of "Will Dish Ever..." when it comes to YES.
Let's make this real easy. While there is an Ergan and a Stienbrenner in charge of either company, the answer will be no...

Until there is a Ergan or a Stienbrenner in charge of both companies in charge of BOTH companies, the answer will be no;)

I forgot to inform my dad Dish doesn't have Yes.
If he had to do it all over again, he would not have signed up, simply for that reason. He is devistated.
lots of folks have gone to D* just because of that

I bet they lose thousands of possible subscriptions because of this.
not really. Anybody who wants YES has already gone to Directv

Why are they the only carrier in existence that won't carry that channel? C'mon DISH get it together.
I dont think in existence...maybe in the NY area :)

No. And if YES is still making the same demands, I hope never.
In the larger scheme of things Dish is not losing that many subs, only those in the area that is allowed to get YES. And even then, there are plenty of subs that don't care about it.

I have had a few installs where he moment I get there the guy (usually older) says before you do anything I have 2 questions I stop them and say NO YES and NO locals and they say never mind. I expect it every April.

Why not just get a Roku netflix device and sign up for MLB.TV on it. Seems like a good solution for those that want Dish and Yankees.

The problem is, if you live in the Yankees territory "New York State", the games will be blacked out on MLB.TV and it then useless for you. So if you want the Yankees it is either Directv or TWC.

The problem is, if you live in the Yankees territory "New York State", the games will be blacked out on MLB.TV and it then useless for you. So if you want the Yankees it is either Directv or TWC.

When I had DirecTV and access to the Yes Channel I never saw games that were

being broadcast only older dated games.The new ones were blacked out.:rant:

So it would seem if Dish ever added Yes they should only increase the subscribers

fees only in the Yes area not everyones which I am sure the owner doesn't want to do.

Maybe the problem could be to put Yes on spotbeam another suggestion I am sure

the owner does not want to do.;)

So it would seem if Dish ever added Yes they should only increase the subscribers

fees only in the Yes area not everyones which I am sure the owner doesn't want to do.

Maybe the problem could be to put Yes on spotbeam another suggestion I am sure

the owner does not want to do.;)
That is because you have to sub to Extra Innings in order to see the games on Yes if you live outside of NY. With any pro sports and their blackout rules, you cannot view out of market games unless you pay for them through an out of market package.

Since Dish does not offer Extra Innings, then those outside of NY will not be able to see Yankee games on Yes anyway. The reason why people on this thread want YES because they live in the Yes local broadcasting region and are able to see the games without additional packages, if they had YES

You have to live in NY RSN DMA to see Yankee games on YES.
There are lots of NEW yankees games on the YES Network.
Now if out of market people want to see them , my guess is you have to subscribe to MLB EI.

This is NY Territory
New York( Not sure about Upstate since I don't get Locals or RSN's in Watertown NY,Because D* doesn't carry them.)
New Jersey (South Jersey may be in Philly DMA)
Northeastern PA
Connecticut ( not sure if its the whole state)

Anywhere outside of here will be blacked out.

After all the years it is pretty clear that YES will not be coming to Dish - unless as mentioned above one side or the other changes policies. Dish wants base packages not to have RSNs (i.e. Dish Family and AT120) and YES wants to be in every package in their viewing areas.

Dish figures they get more customers with their low cost packages nationwide than they lose because they do not have YES in their service area. If they made an exception for YES all the other RSNs would demand the same treatment.

You forget about optimum (cablevision) and the :tux:dolans.

Yes Network on Dish = NO to what I heard. It has something to do with the parent company that owns YES.

As for MLB, I no longer will watch it. They do not know the true spirit of the game. All they care about is money and/or the use of steroids. Besides there is no loyalty to a team but only for me, myself, and I. Besides that all you hear on ESPN are players complaining that they are not being paid enough money. Shame on them! So I only watch college sports now on.

If what I heard is true, most major networks, such as ABC, is cutting away from pro sports and will be televising more college sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)