Yet Another LNB Bracket - For Channelmaster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

z4ccamaro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Indiana
Thought I'd share another LNBF bracket I made recently.

Just acquired another Channelmaster dish in pretty good shape, except the (weak) plastic dual lnb bracket broke off. So I had to fabricate a new one. I only needed a single lnb on this dish anyway so I wanted to center it on the arm also.

Only took a straight "mending plate" which I bent at the correct angle (copying off the old plastic one)
and a "T" bracket, some bolts and some washers to raise the feedhorn to clear the throat.

It has a little play in the holes so I can fine tune the positioning of the height and the focal distance.

Seems to work great, using it for 87w and getting real strong quality. So now I have a dedicated dish for AMC3.

Attachments

• pstar1.jpg
    pstar1.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 495
  • pstar3.jpg
    pstar3.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 567
  • pstar4.jpg
    pstar4.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 546
  • pstar5.jpg
    pstar5.jpg
    697.8 KB · Views: 548
Thanks for sharing, your LNB mount look strong and very well made, good job.

For my 1.2 Meter dish I have tie wrapped the C Band LNB to the side of the Ku Band LNB and it looks horrible, but it works and thats what counts.

Excellent work !
I'll never fear missing LNB brackets again.
Just don't let LinuxMan see this, or he'll want to put two LNBs on there!

Excellent work !
I'll never fear missing LNB brackets again.
Just don't let LinuxMan see this, or he'll want to put two LNBs on there!

Actually, I have an intact dual LNB holder for this dish (assuming its an 84E, which it appears to be), thanks to Stogie :) The plastic dual LNB mounts were used for HITS, and it seems that this dish is perfect for four degree dual LNB configurations...

Very nice work!

I agree with linuxman, it does help to see what others have come up with to solve LNB holder problems. Definitely know what to make if my similar Star Choice LNB holder (that I use for FTA) ever breaks down!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts