Yet another noob trying to set up ViewSat Extreme

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ViewSat Extreme and its poor USALS

Ok, now I understand what everyone was saying about ViewSat Extreme doesn't work well with motorized system because it won't remember the location.

I wonder if I can return my ViewSat Extreme and exchange it for something else better or I think someone mentioned about a external device that drives the motor?

I followed the advices here and I found the TS SatMex 5 and set the motor to zero. I saved that in USALS and found some FTA channels (mostly Chinese speaking stations) and I have to manually moved to differnt Satellite location EACH AND EVERY SINGLE TIME manually. That is not supposed to work this way, is it?

But so far, I am happy that I found SatMex 5. Thank you so much everyone!!!

Please, suggestion on the device to drive the motor would be greatly appreciate it.

Ok, now I understand what everyone was saying about ViewSat Extreme doesn't work well with motorized system because it won't remember the location.

I wonder if I can return my ViewSat Extreme and exchange it for something else better or I think someone mentioned about a external device that drives the motor?

I followed the advices here and I found the TS SatMex 5 and set the motor to zero. I saved that in USALS and found some FTA channels (mostly Chinese speaking stations) and I have to manually moved to differnt Satellite location EACH AND EVERY SINGLE TIME manually. That is not supposed to work this way, is it?

But so far, I am happy that I found SatMex 5. Thank you so much everyone!!!

Please, suggestion on the device to drive the motor would be greatly appreciate it.

Even if it drives a motor...the viewsat won't scan. You will never be happy with it. I got a firtec Mercury for under $100 on ebay. They are still selling there.

Im very happy with my fortec mercury, it blindscans, and drives my motor faster and more acurate then any other ird I tried. really nice.

Decisions

OK, I wil call to see what my return policy on the VIEWSAT EXTREME 2000 and perhaps get a Fortec Mercury instead. I assume I can leave the dish assy intact and just replace the STB?

yes you can

moseley, the OP proved the blind scan does work when he scanned G10 stuff on Satmex5 satellite :)

So Ice, in your opinion, should I just keep the VIEWSAT EXTREME?

If you can exchange it for something else, I would try and do that. The blind scan works (as you've proven) but the motor issue might give you more headaches than its worth.

yes you can

moseley, the OP proved the blind scan does work when he scanned G10 stuff on Satmex5 satellite :)

Maybe. All it really proves is that it had a similar TP in the sat file. Looking at Lyngsat 116.8 does have a similar tp although it is a data TP I don't know why it would be in the sat file. Who knows maybe the exreme has a blind scan, I just doubt it. I'll stop bashing viewsat now, it just frustarted me for months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)