Yet another retransmission dispute.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

30rock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
louisiana
So I'm watching FOX 8 news at noon, and a chyron scrolls on the bottom saying that WVUE tv and Directv are current in negotiations. I really hope this is solved soon and Directv doesn't lose FOX 8, since they have every Saints game (minus the Monday Night games, those are on WDSU NBC) and FOX has a lot of shows that I watch and am looking forward to.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That is why I have the AM21N and an OTA Antenna. If a OTA channel goes silent. I can still pick it up through the ATSC tuner.

It appears that RayCom has been in a disagreement since 2010 on Carriage rights, with both DirecTV & Dish.

RayCom feels that since they are the big guy on the block. That providers should pay them more for carriage.

Also they own ACC sports. I imagine that a lot of the this disagreement for the past four years, revolves a lot on providers wanting to get a better deal to carry ACC broadcasting.

Reactions: Jimbo
I will support Raycom as long as Dick Vitale is on ESPN. He makes the broadcast unwatchable. I am thankful to have ACC Network coverage simply because his voice sounds like Winnie the Pooh smoked a carton of cigarettes.

I agree with getting the AM21. No carriage disputes, more channels free, and no signal loss in bad storms!

Reactions: Broe67
So I'm watching FOX 8 news at noon, and a chyron scrolls on the bottom saying that WVUE tv and Directv are current in negotiations. I really hope this is solved soon and Directv doesn't lose FOX 8, since they have every Saints game (minus the Monday Night games, those are on WDSU NBC) and FOX has a lot of shows that I watch and am looking forward to.

Its No surprise that the contract is up about now, they typically will end just before a Big event for just that purpose, to put pressure on.

Fwiw, D* will normally continue negotiations well past the drop dead date if nessesary without taking the channel down, I guess what I'm saying is they will work with the others to do everything they can before allowing the channel to be dropped till something is signed.

I

Fwiw, D* will normally continue negotiations well past the drop dead date if nessesary without taking the channel down, I guess what I'm saying is they will work with the others to do everything they can before allowing the channel to be dropped till something is signed.

unless the channel forces them to drop it to make people mad enough to call

Wish they'd write in option years to contracts to give a little buffer and let negotiations play out in a reasonable way.

Perhaps it needs to be pointed out that the local yokels seem to have adopted a policy of preemptive strikes against DIRECTV. They appeal to the court of public opinion rather than negotiating in good faith.

If enough of them do it, DIRECTV must be the bad guy, right?

I'm sure a deal will be made. Tom Benson who owns WVUE Fox 8, also owns the New Orleans Saints so he will want to have his games seen on as many tv's as possible. Unless the money is way far apart, I think a deal will be reached before the Aug 31st deadline.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/26162431/about-retransmission-fees

I'm just going by bad experience from this channel with regards to Sat companies, it was out for most of Jan into Feb a few years ago when I had Dish and that's why I never completed the final season of House. But since they outsourced operations to an outside company hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)