You Can Now Cancel Premiums Using the Automated Phone System

triangletechie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
NC
My 3 month free trial on all the premiums was ending soon. To my shocking amazement, the automated phone system canceled each channel per my request. I didn't have to speak with someone overseas to remove channels. This is a very welcome change from AT&T.

FYI

Is there a special number to call ?
I called 800-347-3288

When the system asked me what I wanted to do, I said cancel premium. Then instead of transferring me to a rep, it asked which premium did I want to cancel. I repeated the process with each premium I wanted to remove. Very simple. I then got the confirmation email saying changes were made to my account.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Anyone else try this? I just did, and it didn’t work. Automated system did not recognize “cancel premium” or “cancel HBO.” I also tried it online — HBO had a “remove” button next to it, but after clicking it, all I got was a white box with the words “Place holder for channel list,” along with a couple of unlabeled buttons.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Following up on my own post: Tried the automated system again this afternoon — got a little farther as it acknowledged what I asked for (“I understand you want to cancel HBO, is that correct?”), but then it transferred me to a CSR to complete the request.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I tried canceling the Sports Pack through the automated system. It recognized what I wanted to do then tried transferring me to a CSR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts