You guys that pray to the satellite Gods...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Or any other God for that matter...Pray for my Paraclipse. We are bugging out from Gustav, I have my Ku dishes down, and my c-band dish at TS, I have done all I can do. :(

I am off to Wetumpka,AL. Wish me luck. :D

They're off!

Glad to hear you changed your mind, that storm is beginning to look like a real monster. Hoping it stalls and pukes out over the gulf, your state doesn't need another big hurricane.

Hey Stogie,

I'll pray to the only God that exists for your safety and your Paraclipse survival.

Drive over to Mandeville and beat some sense into my stupid Sister-in-law and her husband for me. They are going to sit it out at his business. You would think they would at least be smart enough to stay in their house in Abita Springs where they would be a few miles further from the lake.

They have my In-Laws all upset, and my wife too. We went through all this crap worrying about them during Katrina and didn't hear anything from them for 3 or 4 days.

EDIT: My Sister-in-law and her husband finally got some sense and have bugged out too thank goodness!

If you need anything, you have my cell phone. I know several disaster relief people at Covington.

Last edited:
thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Hey Stogie,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please be safe where ever you are. We were very fortunate that Hurricane Gustav avoided Florida and at the same time felt bad that it looked like it was heading your way. The storm that we avoided is now coming your way and towards Texas too. I can only pray that the strength of it weakens as all of our prayers get stronger! Let us all know how you are doing. Also please pray for us. It looks like Hurricane Hanna is going to hit us here in Florida.

TOM

:D

stogie, ditto to all the good wishes already expressed, mucho mojo for you and everyone else that could be affected by this storm, take care.

Good Luck.....also if I see your Paraclipse go bye here in Iowa I'll be sure to let you know.....

We are about 30 miles north of the Gulfport Mississippi coast and it seems from the news that it may not be as bad as the last hurricane. I do not think I could take the cleanup and repair if it was like the last hurricane. We have tied down and stored anything that could fly thru the air. It is impossible to cover all basis as we do have neighbors. I was wondering if Stogie had left his home since I am familar with Slidell, it is good to know he is safe. The house I lived while in Slidell had water over the roof top in the previous hurricane.

confidence

Good Luck.....also if I see your Paraclipse go bye here in Iowa I'll be sure to let you know.....
Ya know, if it'll be traveling that far, maybe you should get it a license plate.
That way, we'll know where to return it. - :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you and yours will be far and safe.
The Paraclipse can be replaced.
But I'll wager it'll be no worse off than having a load of wet leaves in it when you get home. - :up

I am glad to hear that you will be leaving the area, stay safe and I wish you, your family, and property all the best, I hope you will be able to get back home soon after the storm is over.

We are about 30 miles north of the Gulfport Mississippi coast and it seems from the news that it may not be as bad as the last hurricane. I do not think I could take the cleanup and repair if it was like the last hurricane. We have tied down and stored anything that could fly thru the air. It is impossible to cover all basis as we do have neighbors. I was wondering if Stogie had left his home since I am familar with Slidell, it is good to know he is safe. The house I lived while in Slidell had water over the roof top in the previous hurricane.

Let's pray everyone comes through this safely.

I have an Aunt in Slidell. It took weeks, last time, before we got word from her. I hope we (and she) don't have to go through that again.

Thanks for all the well wishes y'all....I am safely entrenched in Wetumpka, AL....took is 13 hours to get here....my sister is staying in Slidell, she is supposed to send me texts to let me know how things look after the storm.

My cousin has an air card so I did this check in, I won't be around much, I just wantd to let ya know I was okay. Thanks again for all y'all's concerns and well wishes......:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)