You guys that pray to the satellite Gods...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am back home...still without power, my transformer blew the night before I came home, so I am in the dark, staying at my Mom's just up the street. All the dishes made it okay, (well, I brought the 1m's inside) I don't know if the Para is still aimed but as soon as the power comes back I'll post back.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes. No major damage, just a lot of little branches and tree limbs scattered about. :up

welcome (almost) home

I was wondering if you weren't about due for a check-in. - :confused:
Glad to hear that things are mostly looking good.
No water damage to the house? No branches through the windows?

You gotta post us a picture of the yard, and one of the dish, at first opportunity.
Nothing like having our own man in the field! - :up

Welcome back

Hey! Glad you made it back, and still have a house. Good luck getting your electric
service back soon too!!

glad your back home :) we've been getting all the rain (leftover from what didn't fall there)
i think its been 5-8 inches in my area so the yard is like a sponge .... no dish work for a few days until it dries out a bit . hopefully everything there is ok :)

Glad you're safe Stogie. Digiblur posted today too so we know he's ok

but on an other note...anybody heard from Tron? I thought he was from N'awlins area?

Glad you're safe Stogie. Digiblur posted today too so we know he's ok

but on an other note...anybody heard from Tron? I thought he was from N'awlins area?

Where he lives has serious power problems, Ice. They just opened the County for them to come back today, but they have no sewer pumps so they have no sewer service in that county. He lives in a suburb of New Orleans, Metairie. About 10 minutes from the Superdome.

Glad to know Digi is okay too..they took a POUNDING where he is...:(

I was wondering if you weren't about due for a check-in. - :confused:
Glad to hear that things are mostly looking good.
No water damage to the house? No branches through the windows?

You gotta post us a picture of the yard, and one of the dish, at first opportunity.
Nothing like having our own man in the field! - :up

Nothing to see, really, Green One. I picked up most of the little branches today, all that left is leaves, and the lawnmower will get those.

Still no power though. MAYBE tomorrow, ( Friday) they tell me. I am small potatoes because only 5 of us are out of power in a neighborhood of 50. The rest of my town is about half-powered, such as it is.
They have all the grocery stores open, gas stations, and the like, and most folks here are back at their jobs. Just not all of us have power. :(

I go to my sister's a couple blocks form my house to use her wireless internet to talk to y'all. :D

Glad to hear you are back and safe with little damage to your property.

Hope the power comes on soon.

We have been drenched here last night and today with the left-overs from Gustav. Probably 3 to 5 inches of rain and strong winds.

Glad Digiblur's ok too, and hope to hear from Tron soon!

OKAY! The power Gods have shined upon me, about 3 this afternoon a caravan of power trucks made their way down my street, and by 7 tonight I had power again! :D

So, after unpacking, I fired up the system, everything still works and all the dishes are still aimed. :up

OUTSTANDING! :D

OKAY! The power Gods have shined upon me, about 3 this afternoon a caravan of power trucks made their way down my street, and by 7 tonight I had power again! :D

So, after unpacking, I fired up the system, everything still works and all the dishes are still aimed. :up

OUTSTANDING! :D
Awesome, Stogie! Glad to hear the good news! :D:up

Hey guys/gals... Everything is okay here in Metairie, but Baton Rouge (where I have been staying for the past 6 days) got hit pretty hard. They've got lots of uprooted trees, roof damage, and power failures. Seems like this storm wreaked havoc with the state's power grid for some odd reason. As far as the dish farm, all is okay (I took the reflectors down leaving only the mounts on the roof).

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers, looks like NOLA dodged a bullet this time. Now for Ike... :(

Yep, I made it through with no damage. I thought the two big oak trees were goners. We got hit HARD!! I was outside where trees couldn't fall and the gusts were pushing me back. Hardest winds I've ever felt. I was shocked to see power back on Friday night and COX internet was also working. Many in this area are still without power and might be another couple of weeks or more.

Dishes are back up but I need to reaim the 90cm but I've got too much junk in my yard to start thinking about that.

Glad to hear you're okay, Digiblur. We were in Zachary, and I was able to stand on my Uncle's porch and watch the storm come through (The winds were out of the North and then Northeast, and his porch faces south). I shot video of a large (75-foot-tall) tree being uprooted. My uncle is still without power, although he has cable and internet back (which is useful, since he's running on a generator)...

Glad to hear you're okay, Digiblur. We were in Zachary, and I was able to stand on my Uncle's porch and watch the storm come through (The winds were out of the North and then Northeast, and his porch faces south). I shot video of a large (75-foot-tall) tree being uprooted. My uncle is still without power, although he has cable and internet back (which is useful, since he's running on a generator)...

I'm just a stones throw from Zachary ;)

They had some crazy fools down the street where I was at during the storm driving around. They stopped to cut a tree out of the way and another tree fell on the cab of the truck with the lady inside. No emergency response during a hurricane.

They pulled the door off with a tractor and pulled her off, she had many broken bones, I don't see how she lived after seeing the truck. Crazy fools.

I've got quite bit a video myself of trees swaying...even a video where I was shooting and got blown back and had to take a step or fall over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)