Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Hello everyone.

I have a problem with Intelsat 3R @ 43.0 W

I can get great signal from Hispasat 1C/1D @ 30.0W, Telstar 11N @ 37.6 W and Telstar 14 @ 63.0 W and I can track the rest of the entire arc just fine all the way west as far as I can go (used to get the test card channel from 148 when it was there). However, I have problem pulling in 43.0 W.

I never have been able to get a really good signal from this satellite.

I started out with a 76 cm Winegard dish over on the west corner of my house. I could barely capture a signal from this sat there, so I thought the signal might be occluded by a line of trees or the house, so I moved the dish to a new location. That didn't help much, so I bought a 1.2 M dish and placed it in the most optimum location that I could find. I still have poor signal Q from this satellite.

Now I know that there are no interferences (no trees or buildings or hills) and I have a 1.2 M dish which can pull in sats which are further east and west of 43.0 W, but I have such a difficult time with 43.0W.

Sometimes I get a feed channel to come in with a booming signal, but the channels that should be there consistently are difficult to dial in.

I would like to know if anyone else is having good luck dialing this sat in and where you are located, approximately.

A few years ago (about 2004-2005) I did pull in Dr. Dish and Telefoggia. Since then, I have not been able to pick up a signal from that TP (12.050 H). I have picked up on El Canal de Casa on TP 11998 V and it was the channel that was very strong for me (in the upper 90% region) but I have now lost that channel, too.

Not only have I lost the channel, but I don't seem to detect the TP carrier signal either. I have tried very deligently to dial this sat in, but don't seem to make any good progress.

I wonder if YOU are getting this sat to come in on your system.

RADAR

Radar,

Same here for the most part. There is nothing left to pull in on that sat anymore. I still scan it every now and then just to see if anything new appears. I haven't seen TP 12050 sctive in about year now. I'm not in front of my set now to post the TP, but I believe I pull in one Spanish channel which now has only audio and no video. A few months ago there were three Spanish channels available as posted in Lyngsat but there gone now.

Raysat

I've never been able to get anything from 43W. I always attributed it to a branch in my way, but still no luck when the leaves are gone. Strange...

I'm presently in Europe so cant test but UTR's website confirms they have current programs on 12050. Challenger TV 4 USA is an open TP for uploading. TeleFoggia do not seem to be currently transmitting.

I can pull in one live transponder (11998 V 2812). Scans in as SKY MONTERREY. Strong signal - 87% Signal Quality on the AZbox.

I can only see this channel on the AZbox. Just audio on the Coolsat....

I can detect the TP 11998 V 2812 (DVBS-QPSK). It is a strong signal (mid to high 80's), but my AZBox doesn't scan in any channels for some reason. The Coolsat 5K does scan in one channel, and it shows it as that Sky Monterrey, but it is not a watchable channel for the Coolsat. The provider ID shows up as Tandberg on the Coolsat.

TP 12050 is not showing a valid signal on either box. I have tried to look at this TP at different times of the day, but not having any luck.

Every once in a while I pick up a feed channel on one of the other TPs, but it is very infrequent.

It sounds like you are having nearly the same luck with this sat and there isn't much there.

RADAR

Ok I though I was having a problem with my system I have no been able to get anything from this sat in a while used to get 12050 the Italian programs but nothing much for a while I get all the others around it

I can detect the TP 11998 V 2812 (DVBS-QPSK). It is a strong signal (mid to high 80's), but my AZBox doesn't scan in any channels for some reason. The Coolsat 5K does scan in one channel, and it shows it as that Sky Monterrey, but it is not a watchable channel for the Coolsat. The provider ID shows up as Tandberg on the Coolsat.

TP 12050 is not showing a valid signal on either box. I have tried to look at this TP at different times of the day, but not having any luck.

Every once in a while I pick up a feed channel on one of the other TPs, but it is very infrequent.

It sounds like you are having nearly the same luck with this sat and there isn't much there.

RADAR
RADAR,
I can pickup Sky Monterrey (24/7) and 2 other feeds (on the AZBox), one of them labelled Chihuahua with a high Quality.

Speaking of DrDish, is there an english language version?

DrDish was once on 43W in English and that was basically what I have really been looking for. I saw it years ago (on my Coolsat). I know it's not there anymore, but surely it is broadcast somewhere.

I see clips from Dr. Dish in English once in a while from sources like you-tube and the like.

RADAR

RADAR,
I can pickup Sky Monterrey (24/7) and 2 other feeds (on the AZBox), one of them labelled Chihuahua with a high Quality.

After readjusting my TP frequency in the AZBox (11998 instead of 11999) I was able to get Sky Monterrey to scan in. I thought that I had this correct, but I must have entered it wrong and the AZBox didn't like it. It showed a valid and strong signal quality, but when scanning for channels, it missed them.

I have scanned the other feed channels before with my Coolsat and one of them came blasting in! It was up around 97% Q! Bought blew me off my chair! :) Right now, this afternoon, I am not picking up any feeds at all so they must not be broadcasting anything.

RADAR

I'm presently in Europe so cant test but UTR's website confirms they have current programs on 12050. Challenger TV 4 USA is an open TP for uploading. TeleFoggia do not seem to be currently transmitting.

Challenger Teleport dropped this frequency more than a year ago. They are planning to return to broadcasting using Galaxy 19 at 97W but no firm date has been set.

Just added 37.6°W and 63.0°W to the motor line-up......so it's now 37.6°W to 129.0°W:D

5 or 6 channels on that bird

Radar.
I live in Michigan and I pick up at least 5 or 6 channels on that bird, it is a "weak" satellite, I have a 10 ft. dish, maybe that's the reason why I'm able to pick up the video.... for those who have problems with weak signal, connect an inline amplifier to your line before it connects to the AZ BOX ( that's my set up ) helps greatly..... BUT you will lose your KU band when you have it set up this way....to restore your KU band signal just disconnect the amplifier and you'll be all set.
Hope it works for you as well.

Merry Christmas everyone.

have never been able to get 43W on a 76cm here in MN.....guess dish is too small :(

Ice,

With the footprint images below, you can see how borderline we would be with a 76cm dish either near your location or mine.

A few years back, I had my DS-2076 dish set up with my Coolsat 5K and pulled in a Ku band feed channel from 43W that showed somewhere around 87-93% quality. I think that they must have been transmitting with very high power on that particular channel.

What I would really like to do now that I have a GEOSAT pro 1.2 M dish set up and dialed in quite well, would be to set up my 76 cm dish again, with an identical motor and LNBF and receiver and compare the results side by side.

This would provide some very useful information, I think. Personally, I believe that the Winegard DS-2076 dish design is a lot better that anyone gives it credit for. I think that many may scoff at its size when it is actually a pretty amazing antenna by design.

RADAR

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 13.23.gif
    ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 13.23.gif
    133.1 KB · Views: 196
  • ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 22 13.23.gif
    ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 22 13.23.gif
    129.9 KB · Views: 193
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)