Your Favorite LFE Movie or Music Program

I'm going to throw in a couple...

I kind of like the subtlety of the opening few minutes of Unbreakable. You feel like you're riding on the train and the very low effects gave a great sense of foreboding.

For music, if you can pick up the DVD-Audio of Blue Man Group's disc titles Audio it has some great low frequency.

On a side note, how was the LFE for Cowboys and Aliens? Haven't checked that one out at home yet.

I am just seeing this thread for the first time and I thought it was a cool idea.

Some of my favorite Blu-Rays for LFE and surround sound in general:

Saving Private Ryan: DTS-HD 5.1
Band of Brothers/The Pacific: DTS-HD 5.1
Cloverfield: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
The Dark Knight: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
Black Hawk Down: Uncompressed PCM 5.1
Iron Man: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
Iron Man 2: DTS-HD 5.1

I just watched Hugo on blu-ray last night and it also has some of the best sound I have ever heard. It has a DTS-HD 7.1 soundtrack that is good from start to finish. I don't want to give to much away for people who haven't seen it but there is a scene with a train. Crank up the volume for this one and the LFE in that scene will blow you away.

I have a Onkyo TX-NR609 THX certified receiver. If you set the volume on it to 0, which is the THX movie theater reference level, any of these movies will bring the house down. Other people don't get why I watch movies so loud but that's why I put money into my system and in my opinion the sound of a blu-ray is every bit as important as the picture quality.

Also, there is a very thorough list of movies with the best bass on AVS Forum that are great for showing off your system. It also has a bass movie of the month. It has some of the best LFE movies separated into groups based on how strong they are. I would post a link here for anyone looking for new movies to really test their system but I'm not sure what the satelliteguys rules are about posting links to other forums.

Sort of on topic, but anyone notice the difference in LFE between The Tonight Show & Late Night with Jimmy Fallon? I frequently catch the music act on Jay, then when it goes to Jimmy it's like the bass is suddenly switched on for his opening...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)