Your smart card does not currenly have authorization to view or order this program.

seems dish had a problem last night that took out all sub's and they had to remove there encryption.
virgin receivers reported working.
Wowee! And here I am stuck at work and unable to play with my formerly-useless Twinhan DVB-S card.

Does this apply to all Dish channels? How about channels to which we do not subscribe? I'm guessing the Dish receivers will still not show us those, but FTA receivers might. ;)

Yes ALL channels are FTA at the moment, including PPV and adult and the test channels.

Only FTA receivers will see them, for the Dish receivers it is business as usual.

At 2:30 am I lost all channels on both 622s. Tried to call Dish and never could get through to a CSR. I then used the auto system to get a rehit and it did not work. When I woke up the same problem appeared and I had the same problems getting through to Dish. About 2 hours later channels started to return on a random basis, except no HD on 129 only. HD on 110 and 119 were now ok. Seem like I now have all stations I watch. I got through to a CSR and was informed it was a nationwide problem infecting many models but not all. He informed me they were getting most channels and receivers back online and to be patient. He also thanked me for being a long time customer.

They really fouled something up. Reading this thread and the other about billing foul ups I checked mine online and for some odd reason they had me listed on autopay.

Something stinks here big time.

I noticed this ~6 hours ago this morning on my 311

For me only the channels coming off 110 west were having the authorization error - all the stuff on 119 was fine (i would've checked further but i had to go to work).

System is 100% fine for me now though ;)

Last edited:
Dish should make sure this dont happen again....I dont know if my boxes are effected....but it will be good if Dish mentions the reason....plus make sure this dont happen in the future. Also this is a good time for Dish...since heard the rumors that they r infact gaining traction...& such bad news will offcourse dent that momentum

Whatever it was the credit card or account they had set up to autopay on my account WASN'T my card or account. If they fouled up a software update it is a big foul up that has me wondering where our credit card number is that we used to activate our account.

*Edit* Just noticed a $65 charge that was on the account earlier this morning has been removed. Talk about pooched.

Now we will see if they walk the talk on customer service. Anyone that lost service or got their account messed with should get a monetary credit of some amount.

Now we will see if they walk the talk on customer service. Anyone that lost service or got their account messed with should get a monetary credit of some amount.

From what I understand till now...most of the account that is messed up shows statement balance which is higher then if they view their bill. I believe Dish is sorting that out & will have it fixed. Even if it is not fixed...we as subs should call in...& have it rectified...there should not be any credit involved here though.

Now...if due to some software upgrade or whatever the reason...the service got disrupted.....like it happened to many...then its another thing. Maybe a free PPV movie or 2 will make many happy or 1 day of credit.

I just received the following statement from Dish Network on todays issue...

A server failure at an uplink center overnight caused a temporary loss of programming being delivered to a small percentage of DISH Network customers. The issue was resolved quickly and those customers affected had their programming restored by morning.

Funny that they said it only affected a small percentage of customers. There were quite a few here in our little community. I find it hard to believe that if so many were affected here, that it wasn't a larger number of subscribers than they're letting on.

Sounds like a good time for a poll..... I was watching TV in NJ on my 622 without incident this morning while getting ready for work.

Actually, I might have preferred an outage, I wound up watching the train wreck that was "Howard the Duck" for a few minutes just to see if it was as bad as I remembered.

It was worse.... Tim Robbins did this movie the SAME year he did Bull Durham, and his acting was horrible in it. I hope it was a big check Tim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts