Your Thoughts on an 18 game NFL Schedule?

What, do you think that an O lineman and a D lineman give one another LOVE Taps when running thier plays ?

Your words: concussion, every play.

Starting 1 yard apart and then hand fighting and run/pass blocking does not cause 1600 concussions a weekend.

Wow Jimbo. I'll throw you a bone... Here's the definition:

1. Pathology . injury to the brain or spinal cord due to jarring from a blow, fall, or the like.
2. shock caused by the impact of a collision, blow, etc.
3. the act of violently shaking or jarring.

You really think the above happens 1600+ times per weekend?

Your words: concussion, every play.

Starting 1 yard apart and then hand fighting and run/pass blocking does not cause 1600 concussions a weekend.

Wow Jimbo. I'll throw you a bone... Here's the definition:

1. Pathology . injury to the brain or spinal cord due to jarring from a blow, fall, or the like.
2. shock caused by the impact of a collision, blow, etc.
3. the act of violently shaking or jarring.

You really think the above happens 1600+ times per weekend?

# 2 happens on a regular basis.

Do you know how many concussions are HIDDEN weekly ?

You seem to think that you have to be laid out and not able to move to have a concussion, thats just NOT TRUE.

How many of them take a knee to the head and shake it off, same idea.
You don't have to have H2H to have a concussion.

So you don't think there are violent h2h hit on the line ?????

Ever watch the Center or Guards and DT's play ?

Jim,think about what you're saying please . Have you seen what happens to a player when he suffers a concussion? He's pulled out of the game because of the danger that comes with playing concussed. If what you are saying were true there wouldn't be enough players to replace the ones with concussions. Hell there wouldn't be many players even alive at the rate of concussions you're suggesting that occur in the NFL. Think about it a little harder Jim......

# 2 happens on a regular basis.

Do you know how many concussions are HIDDEN weekly ?

You seem to think that you have to be laid out and not able to move to have a concussion, thats just NOT TRUE.

How many of them take a knee to the head and shake it off, same idea.
You don't have to have H2H to have a concussion.
Jim you know what, you keep thinking that. It's ok......

There was JUST a story out this week talking about players hiding concussions, what NOBODY saw it ?

Yes but no where and I mean NO WHERE NEAR the rate you are suggesting. But look if you believe there are over a thousand concussions a week in the nfl that's not a problem. :)

What you are suggesting is the same as saying you break a bone in your hand when you high five someone. Not just in a rare odd circumstance, but every. single. high-five.

Colt McCoy weeks later still isn't even cleared to practice. That's a concussion, that's what you are saying happens 100+ times every single NFL game.

What you are suggesting is the same as saying you break a bone in your hand when you high five someone. Not just in a rare odd circumstance, but every. single. high-five.

Colt McCoy weeks later still isn't even cleared to practice. That's a concussion, that's what you are saying happens 100+ times every single NFL game.

Between linemen on running plays ...

So, your comparing a high five to an offensive running play hit wise ?

I guess I've got a long ways to go to help you understand this one.

Nice article. Where you bolded mentions micro episodes and not a concussion on every play. Big difference. Sorry I got nothing else to say on the subject so I'm moving on . :)

Nice article. Where you bolded mentions micro episodes and not a concussion on every play. Big difference. Sorry I got nothing else to say on the subject so I'm moving on . :)

So, you read the first few words instead of the whole sentence ?
Mini Episodes (each play) that build up over time ...

I don't think they are talking about over many years here.

I think whats more disturbing is that players have to hide the fact that they have concussions. Something should be done about that. Nobody should have to hide an injury. The article citing Colt McCoy, he should have never gone back into the game anyway. Thats whoever is in charges fault and James Harrison who applied the hit. They are adding doctors on the sideline which is needed. 28 out of 44 NFL players said that its safer than it was in 2009.

How about stricter penalites on helmet to helmet hits? Better equimpment like what was mentioned above. How about maybe a weight restriction so a 300 lb guy doesnt sack a 150 lb guy? That might cause a concussion or two.

Guys - in the future, please only CLIP parts of newspaper stories and the link. WE can not be reposting full news articles. THANKS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts