Your Thoughts on an 18 game NFL Schedule?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
as me no i think the NFL will become too boring, i think it will happen but, not in the few years, because last summer the players want no part of it, and everytime it was brought up the owners got shut down, i know it the NFL commissioner dream to have 18-game season but i think its won't happen anytime soon

It's strange,the CFL plays an 18 game schedule & they only have 8 teams. The risk for injury is just as great for them as it is for NFL players.

Anybone who knows anything about these TV contracts will know that 2 games will not earn them billions of more dollars.

Where did I state that adding 2 more games will add billions of dollars?I said more cash revenue.Now if you want to talk billions then read this snippet..

CBS, Fox and NBC renewed their contracts for nine years through the 2022 season, the NFL announced Wednesday. The average fees from the three networks will increase by an average of 7 percent annually, a person familiar with the details said. That will take the total revenue from them from the current $1.93 billion per year to $3.1 billion by 2022.

It shouldn't take a genius to realize that the only reason the NFL owners want to add 2 additional regular season games is to generate more revenue.You can easily find this information by searching the web.

They are currently shopping a new 8 game package if they can add 1 or 2 games to that package do you honestly think it won't cost the bidders more for a contract?Just watch how NFL Sunday ticket will rise if they add 2 more games.

i think the NFL just should do this, move the start of the season back 2 weeks and have the Super Bowl on the Sunday before Presidents' Day just as they plan, that's where the 18-games-schedule is leading to always

i think the NFL just should do this, move the start of the season back 2 weeks and have the Super Bowl on the Sunday before Presidents' Day just as they plan, that's where the 18-games-schedule is leading to always

Whens Presidents day ?
I don't know why it has to stretch into Feb in the first place.

Whens Presidents day ? I don't know why it has to stretch into Feb in the first place.
because Feb is the boring month of the year, sports wise to most people, most people only care about the NBA & NHL playoffs lets face it, i think that where the Super Bowl it heading Presidents' Day and the next day most people have off so it make sense

because Feb is the boring month of the year, sports wise to most people, most people only care about the NBA & NHL playoffs lets face it, i think that where the Super Bowl it heading Presidents' Day and the next day most people have off so it make sense

Most people are NOT off on presidents day, All the stores are open.
Granted the Post office might be closed and a few others, but the majority are working.

Most people are NOT off on presidents day, All the stores are open. Granted the Post office might be closed and a few others, but the majority are working.
i know but the Monday after the Bowl is number one day most call off (i don't have a dog in this fight) but, just with i hear

Now, you mean to tell me with a day like today, that football fans and networks wouldnt sign up for 2 more weeks of this?

Thats true but whose to say that Week 16 and 17 wont be boring? Also, remember pushing the season 2 weeks ahead means this week would be week 16.

Except this week would be the LAST week, game 18, thus making games 16-17 boring unless your in the playoff hunt.

The only potentially boring week in the NFL is the week your own team has a bye.

Nothing boring about the last 6+ weeks, 2 more games wouldn't change that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

One of the best games of the day today was 100% meaningless, as defined by most as it's affect on the playoff relevance of the participating teams. Every game is meaningful to players and coaches who want to ensure their services remain desired by the team they play for, or want to put a good performance on tape for prospective future employers when the business side of the game dictates they go elsewhere.

Colts were well into their 'meaningless games' when they broke their futility streak, and then beat a team that's hosting a playoff game next weekend (instead of potentially enjoying a bye).

With the last 2 weeks loaded with division games, 2 more games would add 2 more weeks of drama and jockeying for position within your divisions... and those playing 'meaningless' games are provided more games to show that the characterization doesn't mean as much as people would like it to just as the Colts did vs the Texans and the Seahawks and Cardinals did tonight.

One of the best games of the day today was 100% meaningless, as defined by most as it's affect on the playoff relevance of the participating teams. Every game is meaningful to players and coaches who want to ensure their services remain desired by the team they play for, or want to put a good performance on tape for prospective future employers when the business side of the game dictates they go elsewhere.

Colts were well into their 'meaningless games' when they broke their futility streak, and then beat a team that's hosting a playoff game next weekend (instead of potentially enjoying a bye).

With the last 2 weeks loaded with division games, 2 more games would add 2 more weeks of drama and jockeying for position within your divisions... and those playing 'meaningless' games are provided more games to show that the characterization doesn't mean as much as people would like it to just as the Colts did vs the Texans and the Seahawks and Cardinals did tonight.

Except this week is 2 weeks ago when you add 2 more weeks.

What ?
The Colts played and lost to the Jags, the Jags are not playing in the post season.

The Colts have WON thier last 3 games, maybe Dan Orlovsky IS thier new QB for years to come !!!!

Except this week is 2 weeks ago when you add 2 more weeks.

What ?
The Colts played and lost to the Jags, the Jags are not playing in the post season.

The Colts have WON thier last 3 games, maybe Dan Orlovsky IS thier new QB for years to come !!!!

Let me put this simply for you.

2 weeks ago the Colts beat ________ a week after beating the Titans (who almost backed into the playoffs themselves).

Next weekend the Bengals travel to _______ .

Both blanks are the same team.

If there were 2 more weeks to play, there would still be 4 division titles up for grabs, 6 teams in the AFC competing for the last wildcard spot and 6 teams in the NFC competing for the last wildcard spot there.

Btw, was I dreaming this or do I remember hearing that the NFL might add 2 Wild Card teams as well??

Btw, was I dreaming this or do I remember hearing that the NFL might add 2 Wild Card teams as well??

There was playoff expansion chatter a year or two ago, haven't heard any this year yet, mostly driven by pundits debating it and not something really seriously considered that I'm aware of.

Only 1 team with a winning record missed the playoffs, the Titans at 9-7. Next up would be a handful of .500 teams, as a result I doubt there will be much talk of it this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)