YouTube

I agree with Troch on this one. Although it would be nice to have the OTA module working correctly, it is not a priority right now. Especially with a new one coming out. When did they run out of stock for the OTA modules? I believe it was before the H3 was available for purchase, so if that is true, nobody bought one for their H3. I still don't care if they get YouTube running, as YouTube on every player I have used is clunky at best. It's a pain in the ass to search something, let alone multiple things. My phone provides enough YouTube there. If we want to talk adding apps, then Dish should make a mint by offering a ROKU style box that attaches to the Hopper, that one could buy as an additional accessory, and would just connect through the USB port. Might even be worth trying to team up with Apple, ROKU or even Amazon(especially if they combined services) for FireStick.

Reactions: Troch77
now someone is just trolling
No .Trolling is what everyone did to Allens You Tube request.

Yous throw the troll card out whenever someone doesn't agree with certain statements.

On one hand you don't think apps should be the focus, but yet OTA should be?

Sorry, OTA doesn't work unless you purchased a separate component, which tells me the Hopper main design is to provide DVR service from satellite .
App are incorporated into the box.
So Yes I feel Netflix support, and any of the Apps that are currently in a Hopper deserve more concentration than OTA.

Sorry, I just don't think its Valid to complain about a service thats Free.
If your not paying for locals, Than don't complain.

just my own opinion alot of folks like OTA i get OTA stations from Bloomington,Peoria,Quad Cities,Springfield.alot of stations i can pick up at night i am up till 10pm.i too agree with someone else talking about a roku box or have someone from dish could talk to roku about incorpating their apps into the hopper 3 there are alot of apps on roku would be great on the hopper 3.remember back in june when there was a press release on dish website that said that dish is moving into the denver suburbs and adding jobs for their software division.to work on future software for the hopper 3. so i can see both ways you guys are talking about. dish should add more people who could do more apps development it seems to me we are getting 4 to 5 apps per year remember earlier this year when dish took alot of the apps "siriusxm and dish music" i got ticked off when dish removed those apps i used those apps alot and i am still upset over what happened back then.

just my own thought.
allen

If they removed every app tomorrow, I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep. I want a fast, reliable box that lets me watch and record programming.
I agree I want 4K Joey to have PIP much more than Netflix. I have a smart Blu-Ray and smart TV where the 4k Joey is and get plenty of apps I never use. I want PIP on the 4k Joey and the Multi View to see 4 football games at once.

Reactions: fuzzy
Lets Just complain about the Free DVR OTA service Dish provides that has bugs.
Sorry I think Dish should get 10 different YOUTUBE apps before spending a Dime on providing OTA support.
By "free dvr" you mean the one they charge $15 monthly for? Darn right it should record OTA reliably so I can drop locals pack.

As for all those apps, I got one of those HDMI Windows 10 sticks. Runs everything I care to try.

By "free dvr" you mean the one they charge $15 monthly for? Darn right it should record OTA reliably so I can drop locals pack.

As for all those apps, I got one of those HDMI Windows 10 sticks. Runs everything I care to try.
You pay $15 a month for Dish service, Not OTA service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)