YouTube

Am i the only one who doesn't care about apps thru my satellite box? I change the input on my receiver( 1 push of a button) then i go thru my roku for one of the any billion apps they have on there. The picture quality is better on the roku.
If you don't have internet, i understand the want. However, i believe most on here have internet at their disposal. If you can get a roku, or amazon, or whatever and you will get WAY more apps then Dish will ever (Maybe) have.
At least with the VEVO app with the Hopper 3, it will play the video and it reloads and will play part of that video over and over again. I have VEVO on my Amazon Fire TV, and it will not do this. I am not sure what youtube will do as an app on the Hopper 3, but if it is like VEVO, I will just continue to do YouTube/VEVO on my Fire TV streamer.

when you try to play the youtube app on my 4k tv the sound is fine on my tv but when you try to stream and you using bluetooth 5.1 vizio is needs to be worked on getting the sound right.

I dont believe (and could be wrong) that anything is 5.1 on Youtube. Remember these are member submitted videos the video and audio quality is dependant on the folks who make and produce the videos.

I already posted this somewhere, but YouTube does not support 5.1 sound. I tested it on my Roku and my Apple TV first, using supposed 5.1 test videos and they were stereo only. Further research showed YouTube's lack of support...

Some could, as impractical as it seems to me, be uploaded with 5.1 audio but YouTube could down-sample it to 2-channel automatically (and with no choice by the uploader).

the camcorder that i use is a sony 1080p hd and does not record in 5.1 that i use to record car shows,cruise nights and bands also the 4k camcorder i am looking at for next year shoots 2160p and 5.1 surround sound.i am constanley uploading videos to youtube all the time. i was just wondering about if the youtube app if it does 5.1 i did not know just wondering about that.

Reactions: Bobby
Allen, are you reading anything that is being posted by others, myself included? YouTube does not support 5.1, period...

My better half is upset that she has no PIP on the 4k, since I told her it was stated by Dish it would be added. I wonder if it will ever be activated...

The day they announce no plans for Netflix on the 4K Joey is the day I get rid of them and move back to non-4K Joeys. Not sure how much longer to wait.

They are still trying to get Netflix on the 4K Joey...they are just stuck waiting on Netflix to certify the app before they can make it available, according to reports. Chad's comment on "no further plans" was in regard to PIP.

Hey guys - I can only get the YouTube App to output 1080i - love to see at least 1080p. Any help? I'm glad the app has arrived, it seems to work well and we watch a lot of YouTube, so nice to have it baked into the box! Thanks DISH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)