Zinger after a vacation pause on my account

Just as was the case with the OP, I too used pause (for the first time ever) between November 1, 2018 and April 1, 2019. Here is my billing before the pause started and after it ended. I also scheduled the pause via chat and was never told about any pricing changes upon return from pause, neither before or after the pause. I have been a Dish customer since 2004 and without any commitment of any kind for at least the last 4-6 years.

Before Pause Billing.jpg After Pause Billing.jpg

I understand the difference in the plan pricing but I wonder why I am no longer considered a loyal customer entitled to the reduced pricing on the DVR fee. While I was gone, I stayed with a friend that had DTV and I can tell you that from my experience, Dish beats DTV hands down in my opinion. I may detail my reasons for this opinion at another time.

Reactions: HipKat
They did make it clear to me that I would loose my promotion if I did that. I think they need to rethink it. They are on the verge a good customer after 10 years. I have been in business over the years and can tell you it cost more to get a new customer than it does to save an old one. (Not saying your old)

Did the OP get charged because he paused a receiver that was in his package deal or was the receiver not part of the deal?

In my deal I got a Hopper 3 and a Joey 3. I added a Wally on later for my motorhome which has been deactivated. Hopefully I will not be charged a fee when I reactivate the Wally in a few weeks.

Did the OP get charged because he paused a receiver that was in his package deal or was the receiver not part of the deal?

In my deal I got a Hopper 3 and a Joey 3. I added a Wally on later for my motorhome which has been deactivated. Hopefully I will not be charged a fee when I reactivate the Wally in a few weeks.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe turning a receiver on and off is the same as pausing an account.

I have posted about this before, Dish policy is you lose all price benefits when you come off Dish pause BUT if you are a customer in good standing you can get your old pricing back, you just need to reach the right people. I regularly use pause as my job takes me out of the country quite regularly.

But you shouldn’t even have to do that.

The worse thing a “dish pause” should do is extend the agreement and charge you $5 per month

Reactions: AZ.
Why did you quit? The silly metrics?
Metrics definitely got "silly" near the end of my employment there.. but that wasn't the reason. The whole atmosphere completely changed over the last 2-3 years. There was a major disconnect between upper management and below. Way worse than it used to be. Mass layoffs.. lost all of my friends that had worked there for 10+ years. It seems they are going in a completely different direction (down), and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore.

Just a very toxic company to work for.

Metrics definitely got "silly" near the end of my employment there.. but that wasn't the reason. The whole atmosphere completely changed over the last 2-3 years. There was a major disconnect between upper management and below. Way worse than it used to be. Mass layoffs.. lost all of my friends that had worked there for 10+ years. It seems they are going in a completely different direction (down), and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore.

Just a very toxic company to work for.
That's too bad. There's definitely good companies out there, as far as subs and RSP's. I couldn't handle being ihs. I like freedom!

Definitely in a better spot now.Still very interested in seeing where this 5G business goes :)
One of the reasons I left. Upper management was fine, middle management freaked out about everything, lower management thought they were God’s. Very very toxic, and unfortunately it was not upper managements fault. Middle management kissed all the right back side, and threatened any challengers(first hand experience even after proof they were very very incorrect). It’s been years, and many experiences between, but very happy where I am now. Treated like a human and my opinion is actually valued. No more corporate world jobs.

One of the reasons I left. Upper management was fine, middle management freaked out about everything, lower management thought they were God’s. Very very toxic, and unfortunately it was not upper managements fault. Middle management kissed all the right back side, and threatened any challengers(first hand experience even after proof they were very very incorrect). It’s been years, and many experiences between, but very happy where I am now. Treated like a human and my opinion is actually valued. No more corporate world jobs.
Same here buddy. Moved up twice at the new job in a month. Direct contact with the owners. I love it. Glad we both escaped that hell.

Same here buddy. Moved up twice at the new job in a month. Direct contact with the owners. I love it. Glad we both escaped that hell.
It's what happens when a company starts losing sales (income).

The pressure is unrelenting for the bosses, all the way to the top.

It's not fun to go to sleep at night knowing you are going to chop heads and destroy families the next day , week, month, and year if you personally survive.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: DishGuyTX
It's what happens when a company starts losing sales (income).

The pressure is unrelenting for the bosses, all the way to the top.

It's not fun to go to sleep at night knowing you are going to chop heads and destroy families the next day , week, month, and year if you personally survive.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!
In this case, it had a lot to do with ego.

Reactions: DishGuyTX