Zinger after a vacation pause on my account

bgee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Albany NY
10+ year Dish customer here. I put my account on pause before leaving on a two-month vacation. They now refuse to honor my previous $7 monthly DVR fee, and will bump it to $15. I'm not a happy camper and told them to leave the account on pause while I decide whether to continue with Dish or go with a less expensive streaming service. A supervisor supposedly agreed with the CSR's refusal.

Any comments on my options would be appreciated.

I don't believe I have seen another post with that particular issue. How do you know it won't be $7 did you already get a bill since going off pause? Did you bring it up? I would try CSR roulette, and/or trying to get a DIRT member to respond? Problem is grandfathering is a grey area or much more loosely administered than actual rules. DISH giveth and DISH taketh away.....

10+ year Dish customer here. I put my account on pause before leaving on a two-month vacation. They now refuse to honor my previous $7 monthly DVR fee, and will bump it to $15. I'm not a happy camper and told them to leave the account on pause while I decide whether to continue with Dish or go with a less expensive streaming service. A supervisor supposedly agreed with the CSR's refusal.

Any comments on my options would be appreciated.

Were you on the "Preferred Customer Offer" for the two year period? If so, that's in the contract. If not, just disregard. Here's the language from the contract.

"In the event that you participate in DISH Pause, or any other program that allows you to temporarily suspend your DISH service, then you will no longer be eligible to participate in DISH's 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion and you will pay the then-current price for each of your programming packages, Additional Receiver Fees, and DVR Service Fees."

Thanks for the responses. The CSR quoted my monthly rate after unpausing and I noticed it was higher and he explained the DVR fee upcharge and supervisor got on the chat and said he couldn't do anything about it. And no, have never been under any kind of 2-year anything.

How do I get a DIRT member to respond?

I think it’s the fact your on a grand fathered package.

When you go on pause they take all the codes off your account, and the same codes are not available when you go off pause.

It’s sad that Dish treats their “pause” customers like crap.

Not only do they take all the discounts away for most customers, they also take away the dealer commissions and don’t repay. Even if the account is in pause 1 day.

I think it’s the fact your on a grand fathered package.

When you go on pause they take all the codes off your account, and the same codes are not available when you go off pause.

It’s sad that Dish treats their “pause” customers like crap.

Not only do they take all the discounts away for most customers, they also take away the dealer commissions and don’t repay. Even if the account is in pause 1 day.
smh......

Reactions: joewhite57
CSR on Facebook just confirmed, telling me that once you pause an account, you start from scratch when you unpause and lose any pricing you had in the past. Sucks. Bye bye Dish.

Reactions: navychop
Well, they DID tell you ahead of time. In 8 point type.

But, it is certainly to be expected that there be costs with Pause, and cutting their income.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well, they DID tell you ahead of time. In 8 point type.

But, it is certainly to be expected that there be costs with Pause, and cutting their income.

I paused it in a chat session and don't remember them telling me this (maybe I'm wrong).

And they do continue to bill you $5 per month for the pause.

I have posted about this before, Dish policy is you lose all price benefits when you come off Dish pause BUT if you are a customer in good standing you can get your old pricing back, you just need to reach the right people. I regularly use pause as my job takes me out of the country quite regularly.