This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

zip 32718 angles please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Ok Mom just told her uncle about FTA , he's clueless as to what FTA is, he's 83 and thinking he can get this at Best Buy, I told him that I would help him put one up, just used Google Earth to get and Idea of his LOS and trees around his property.

He's on a fixed income so I'm thinking stationary dish pointed at Hispasat and a cheap end receiver, maybe a clone, he just wants the Cuba stuff, basically 5 tv stations and 7 radio stations + some more spanish stuff he'll find amusing.

He already has DN or Direct TV so I don't have to mess with the coax into the house, just add a switch on one end and a splitter at the other so he could have his receivers side by side. Does this sound like the right setup ?

Right now this is a great excuse to go to Florida .

you'll need a 2nd cable run from the dish to the receiver...you cant combine the Dish/Direct & FTA cables together

Iceberg said:
...you cant combine the Dish/Direct & FTA cables together

What makes the setup not compatible, disecq switch allows 4 dishes (LNB's) to an FTA receiver, does the problem lie in the DN receiver or in the splitter ?

Sorry for asking, just want to know the principles behind switches and splitters and why they may not work if configured this way.

has nothing to do with that

I assume you are thinking of using diplexers. The issue is Dish/Direct & FTA run in the same frequencies (11.7-12.7MHZ). Yes you can combinme antenna and satellite because antenna signals are 50-700MHz

As for a Diseqc, that is different. You can have 4 receivers hooked up to one switch but the receiver decides which LNB to go to via the setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.