zip 32718 angles please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Ok Mom just told her uncle about FTA , he's clueless as to what FTA is, he's 83 and thinking he can get this at Best Buy, I told him that I would help him put one up, just used Google Earth to get and Idea of his LOS and trees around his property.

He's on a fixed income so I'm thinking stationary dish pointed at Hispasat and a cheap end receiver, maybe a clone, he just wants the Cuba stuff, basically 5 tv stations and 7 radio stations + some more spanish stuff he'll find amusing.

He already has DN or Direct TV so I don't have to mess with the coax into the house, just add a switch on one end and a splitter at the other so he could have his receivers side by side. Does this sound like the right setup ?

Right now this is a great excuse to go to Florida :).

you'll need a 2nd cable run from the dish to the receiver...you cant combine the Dish/Direct & FTA cables together

Iceberg said:
...you cant combine the Dish/Direct & FTA cables together

What makes the setup not compatible, disecq switch allows 4 dishes (LNB's) to an FTA receiver, does the problem lie in the DN receiver or in the splitter ?

Sorry for asking, just want to know the principles behind switches and splitters and why they may not work if configured this way.

has nothing to do with that

I assume you are thinking of using diplexers. The issue is Dish/Direct & FTA run in the same frequencies (11.7-12.7MHZ). Yes you can combinme antenna and satellite because antenna signals are 50-700MHz

As for a Diseqc, that is different. You can have 4 receivers hooked up to one switch but the receiver decides which LNB to go to via the setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts