2014 AL Central

Not anymore ....

Max with a rare BAD outing.

Tigers are off this evening and begin a series against the Indians at home tomorrow. I just got off the phone with my bro, Steve, and he is not enthusiastic about the Tigers this season. As much as he likes Miggy, he things the Tigers are idiots for signing him to such a huge long-term contract. In other words, if Miggy fails so too do the Tigers. And he's not wrong....although it made a lot more sense than Fielder's contract two seasons prior. Also, he talked about Inglasias' injury (seriously, shin splits at age 21?) and that 37-year old Alex Gonzalez already making 3-errors in 10-games. We gambled when we got rid of Jhonny Peralta and we may have lost - big time. He was an average SS, at best, but he carried a big stick and could drive in runs. Also, what the hell is going on with Avila who is hitting like .090? And let's not even discuss our bullpen. Anyway, lots of holes in the lineup but there is time to correct the deficiencies...just don't know if we have the money to do so after paying Miggy and still paying for Fielder. We shall see.

Tigers are off this evening and begin a series against the Indians at home tomorrow. I just got off the phone with my bro, Steve, and he is not enthusiastic about the Tigers this season. As much as he likes Miggy, he things the Tigers are idiots for signing him to such a huge long-term contract. In other words, if Miggy fails so too do the Tigers. And he's not wrong....although it made a lot more sense than Fielder's contract two seasons prior. Also, he talked about Inglasias' injury (seriously, shin splits at age 21?) and that 37-year old Alex Gonzalez already making 3-errors in 10-games. We gambled when we got rid of Jhonny Peralta and we may have lost - big time. He was an average SS, at best, but he carried a big stick and could drive in runs. Also, what the hell is going on with Avila who is hitting like .090? And let's not even discuss our bullpen. Anyway, lots of holes in the lineup but there is time to correct the deficiencies...just don't know if we have the money to do so after paying Miggy and still paying for Fielder. We shall see.

I have No problem with the contract for Miggy ...
I would have preferred it to be more like 6 years, but it is what it is.

As for Iggy, just not sure, I do think it's more than just shin splints ... also, age doesn't necessarily mean anything, was talking with a few friends from work that run regularly and they both say they've had them, they are very painful and that you get over it with rest.

I think Iggy has and has had a Calcium deficiency and that may be a small part of the problem.

Avila, well, he hit great in Spring training, thats over, were on to the reg. season, so the regular Avila is now here.

Peralta, sorry, but Jhonny does not carry a Big Stick, he is very streaky and is good with the bat one year and lousy the next, it's been a trend for the last 5-6 years now.

Btw, he's not exactly lighting it up for the Cards this year either.
He's hitting .150 with a obp of .244 .... ya he has 2 hits tonight and one was a HR.
So he has 3 HR and 6 rbi for the year.
Btw, Svila is only slightly worse that Jhonny at this point, OK, Avila is a LOT worse than Jhonny, but Jhonny isn't doing much either.

Yeah, I told my brother about Peralta's good-year/bad-year cycle and he seemed more at ease with our not signing Peralta. Anyway, I've had shin splints several times over the years. Although it slowed me down, it's certainly didn't sideline me. There's got to be a lot more going on than shin splints to be keeping a 21-year old testosterone making maching to be kept out of the lineup until the All-Star break.

Yeah, I told my brother about Peralta's good-year/bad-year cycle and he seemed more at ease with our not signing Peralta. Anyway, I've had shin splints several times over the years. Although it slowed me down, it's certainly didn't sideline me. There's got to be a lot more going on than shin splints to be keeping a 21-year old testosterone making maching to be kept out of the lineup until the All-Star break.

He had fractures in both shins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Tigers are supposed to have a home game tonight against the Indians but we got 2-3" of snow last night and the temperature is supposed to be 32 at first pitch and then drop from there. I'm thinking we may have a double header Wednesday or Thursday.

And we are officially canceled for tonight with no makeup date announced yet. This is no surprise. I'm looking out the window right now and there is still about an inch of snow that hasn't melted and more light snow is still falling. Hopefully it warms up enough tomorrow to melt it all off the field.

Lets hope he comes back healthy at the AS break !
That would be Great news. :)

The Tigers are supposed to have a home game tonight against the Indians but we got 2-3" of snow last night and the temperature is supposed to be 32 at first pitch and then drop from there. I'm thinking we may have a double header Wednesday or Thursday.

Why ?
This is no different than playing the Post Season in late October/ November.

And we are officially canceled for tonight with no makeup date announced yet. This is no surprise. I'm looking out the window right now and there is still about an inch of snow that hasn't melted and more light snow is still falling. Hopefully it warms up enough tomorrow to melt it all off the field.

Well, that sux

Why ?
This is no different than playing the Post Season in late October/ November.

I think they could deal with the cold weather. It's a little different taking ground balls with an inch of snow on the ground though.

I think they could deal with the cold weather. It's a little different taking ground balls with an inch of snow on the ground though.

I bet there was no snow on the field ....

In Chicago they turned on the sprinklers and melted the snow, now they are ready to play ...

Thats OK, we all know the Tigers cannot play in October/November worth a damn anyways.

Just watched one of the strangest 1/2 innings of baseball I've ever seen. The Twins entered the bottom of the 8th trailing 3-5. They scored 6 runs on 1 (yes, one) hit, one horrendous but successful sacrifice bunt, 8 (yes, eight), and 3 (yes, three) wild pitches.

Twins win twice today and are now 8-7. Really, it's hard not to be a bit optimistic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)