A new year. Anything changed OTA in your market?

according to GritTV facebook post it is on 46-3

Grit has expanded into new territories! <snip>
Flint, MI-WBSF Channel 46.3

Crap, I can't get that station very well and keep it locked unless I redo my antenna's, which means more money. It's way off from all the others, and only a clone of WSMH-66, which I do get, so I wasn't concerned with also getting this one. Apparently, it's no longer just a clone if it also has Grit.

By the way, it's in Bay City, NOT Flint. They are using the OLD Wnem tv-5 tower in Indiantown.

Ok, I was able to scan it in and lock it long enough to check it. It's nothing but color bars, with no broadcasting or anything else right now.

Crap, I can't get that station very well and keep it locked unless I redo my antenna's, which means more money. It's way off from all the others, and only a clone of WSMH-66, which I do get, so I wasn't concerned with also getting this one. Apparently, it's no longer just a clone if it also has Grit.

By the way, it's in Bay City, NOT Flint. They are using the OLD Wnem tv-5 tower in Indiantown.

Ok, I was able to scan it in and lock it long enough to check it. It's nothing but color bars, with no broadcasting or anything else right now.

Ok, Grit is now coming in on 46-3 channel. It's the wrong aspect ratio, squeeze together and very tall. It also has the sides cut off. Nothing I can do will fix it, so it's being broadcast incorrectly. I still have to redo my antennas, as it's just too far off-axis to stay locked from where the antenna is set now.

I'm going to need TWO uhf antennas 1 pointed at 160 magnetic, and 1 pointed at 130 magnetic, along with my single vhf antenna for WJRT-12 (also 160 magnetic, but vhf) I think I'm going to pick up a couple HDB91x antennas (91xg clone, but 1/2 the price). I'll combine them with my Y10-7-13 vhf antenna using a uvsj and a combiner run backwards.

Too bad we got about 4 inches of heavy snow today...

I put together a list of the most popular programming services that we have available here in the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose market. Is there anything we're missing other than the new "Movies!" ?

Antenna TV KRON 4.3
ARTS KMTP 32.5
Bounce TV KFSF 66.3
CCTV KICU 36.3
Cool TV KTLN 68.2
Cozi TV KNTV 11.2
DW - Germany KMTP 32.1
Daystar K03HY 3.3, KDTS 52.1
Escape TV KDTV 14.4
Get TV KDTV 14.3
Grit TV KFSF 66.4
Jewelry TV KAXT 1.11, KTLN 68.4
KPOP Music KMTP 32.6
LATV KTVU 2.2
Live Well KGO HD 7.2 and SD 7.3
ME-TV KOFY 20.2
NHK World KRCB 22.3
QVC KAXT 1.3, K03HY 3.5, KKPX 65.6
Retro TV KAXT 1.2
The Works KCNS 38.6, KTNC 42.3
Zuus Country KFTL 28.15

We also have several Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese channels.

WKTV channel 2 (uhf channel 29) in Utica ny has recently added another channel 2-3 METV.
WSYR channel 9 (uhf channel 17) out of Syracuse ny shows METV on channel 9-2 but, they do not show exactly the same shows as the Utica station all the time.
last year WCCV TV40 (uhf channel 33) has switched to ANTENNATV as well as retrotv on 2 of there 4 stations.
WTVH5 (uhf channel 47) had added another channel 5-2 GRIT but, most of Utica has lost that channel when they had transitioned over to digital broadcasting. I get a good signal sometimes but not enough of data or something. I also can not get channel WSTM3 (uhf channel 24) only blips in and out , pixel freeze, when I move and hold coax cable, maybe bad leaking ru-6 cable?
I use a winegard MS-2000 in attic that works better positioned in the vertical position, than horizontal.lol
going to try a antennacraft U-8000 8 bay with there 10G202 high gain pre-amp soon when fed ex arrives.

In Arizona:
  • Univision O&O KTVW-DT 33.x is now showing Unimás in HD on 33.2 in addition to Univision in HD on 33.1. Unimás had been in SD. Grit remains in SD on 33.3.
  • Meanwhile, over at sister station KFPH-CD 35.x, they have added subchannel 35.2, so 35.1 has Unimás HD, 35.2 has Univision HD, 35.3 has getTV SD and 35.4 has Escape SD. Haven't yet seen how twin HD feeds affect the quality of the soccer games on Unimás.
  • The new Justice Network has finally announced its affiliates and KPNX will carry it on channel 12.2, presumably on Jan. 20th. KMSB, the Fox affiliate in Tucson, plans to add channel 11.3 to carry the network.
  • K25DM has finally reappeared in digital, this time on channel 18 with new calls K18JL-D, but still showing virtual channel 25. It was first a no-audio display of Good News TV Latino, a 7th Day Adventist station, but now has switched over to SDA stable mate Amazing Facts TV (AFTV) but still with no audio.
  • Good News TV is announcing that they are on the air in Yuma on channel 39, a low-power station.
  • KGUN 9.x Tucson replaced Live Well Network with ThisTV, which had been absent from Tucson since KMSB dropped ThisTV for Movies! on 11.2 last year.
  • One month after adding it, KTVE-LD has dropped Rev'n from channel 22.4.
  • Meanwhile, KPHE-LD has replaced Smart Lifestyle TV on channel 44.3 with Rev'n. They've added a placeholder for Smart Lifestyle on 44.5, but the channel doesn't actually exist yet.
  • KFPB-LD dropped TeleRomántica from channel 50.6 again, and once again, has replaced it with infomercials.
  • The Gila River Indian Community has debuted its own public affairs TV programming, showing currently on 2 stations, KGRQ-LD RF29 Stotonic and KGRY-LD RF21 Blackwater, with KGRF-LD RF19 Maricopa Village planned to hit the airwaves soon. All stations are virtual channel 19. The community has permits for 4 other stations and a yet-unapproved application for yet another, for a total of 8 stations broadcasting from 4 locations around the reservation (the main office of licensee Gila River Telecommunications in the Wildhorse Pass area is the 4th broadcast location - neither of its stations are operational).
In southern Nevada:
  • After dropping Live Well Network, KTNV Las Vegas has picked up the Heroes & Icons network on channel 13.3.
  • Las Vegas Univision affiliate KINC Las Vegas added Unimás on channel 15.3, duplicating programming found on sister station KELV-LD 27.1.
  • LeSEA's KEEN-CD 17.7 Las Vegas resumed its Car2ns programming, after replacing it with Christmas programming for the month of December.
  • Sinclair continues to wreak havoc in Vegas, dropping the KVMY 3.1 NBC simulcast on KSNV 21.1 and replacing it with Antenna TV, while dropping channel 21.3, former home of ATV.
In Utah:
  • KSL now has This TV on channel 5.3.

Minneapolis turned on KARE 11-3 for the launch of Justice Network on Tuesday
(just color bars right now)

And Justice Channel has debuted in Phoenix on channel 12.3, while channel 12.2 continues to air weather programming. AFTV now has sound and runs under the banner of Good News Television. The station now has an ID in the lower left corner: K18JL-D Phoenix Channel 25.

Nothing here in Connecticut so far this year. I heard that WWLP from Springfield MA was going to adding the CW to its 22.2 stream, which has been a black screen since they took down the music video channel a few years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)